Your Favorite TV Show: The Movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd love to see a LOST movie! And I'm going watching Friday Night Lights on netflix currently. A new movie for that is in the works right now. :smile:
A Lost movie... hmmm...

"No! They weren't in purgatory! That was a red herring... the REAL end will be in the movie!"

I'm sure that's what the fanbase would like to hear. :wink: I'm glad I never got into that show. Seeing such a screw you of an ending would have made me really mad. I wanted to get into it and watch it and all... but I'm glad I didn't. That's why no one watched genre shows for the longest time... the endings are unsatisfying.

Sounds like that'd be a fun movie and I've got a great reveal for Daffy!

Open on a wide shot of a bookstore with a long line in front of it. In the front window, there is a poster touting Daffy's new autobiography, Succeeding in Pictures (Why I Did And You Can't), with a notice that he's there for a book signing. The picture shows Daffy wearing a smoking jacket and cheesy grin. It is quite obviously slapped over another poster.

Fade to a medium shot of Daffy, wearing the same grin and jacket, with a stack of books next to him and piles of different colered books behind him. There is a doddering old woman heaping praise on him as he smugly signs her copy, though it's quickly revealed that she's only doing it because she believes he's Bugs.

Pull out to reveal that Daffy is sitting at a table next to a cardboard cutout of Bugs and pile of his biography, Working for Carrots.

Later, we see Daffy waltzing down the street and into the most run-down apartment building you've ever seen as though he's walking a red carpet. He passes by the open room of the building super.

"Hey, Duckniro," he says, "Your rent's late."

"Peasants," Daffy spits disdainfully.
yeah... The whole thing would be about Bugs feeling really bad for Daffy, and it would be all based on the Bugs?daffy relationship... we see Daffy break down and realize he was just fooling himself and getting depressed (slightly comedically at first, then emotionally) and Bugs would bring the whole gang back together for Daffy's sake. It has to be better than that live action mumbo jumbo WB's planning... and they're going to go through with it because Yogi was a surprise hit... I can't believe I contributed 6 bucks to that. I feel dirty and I feel a bad Bugs Bunny movie would be partially my fault for not having the patience to wait the extra hour to see Tangled!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Arrested Development My favorite show was just annouced that it would be coming back for a ten episode run and a movie, but I don't know when

Drtooth

Reaction score
Arrested Development My favorite show was just annouced that it would be coming back for a ten episode run and a movie, but I don't know when
They ALWAYS announce that and they say "ooh, we're getting close." I'm not buying it until they start shooting.

Seriously, that and Pushing Daisies, they're like... "Oh, we're gonna make a movie" and nothing happens, completely disappointing the fan base.

I hate being Debbie Downer about this, but I want one too. I'd be there opening day, I would. Especially if they have free cornballs.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
They ALWAYS announce that and they say "ooh, we're getting close." I'm not buying it until they start shooting.

Seriously, that and Pushing Daisies, they're like... "Oh, we're gonna make a movie" and nothing happens, completely disappointing the fan base.

The movie maybe not but it is coming back for a ten episode run and they said after that they are making a movie, the episodes are to pump everyone up for the movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope it's true about the episodes coming back. The show was vastly underrated and Fox always screwed up the time slot. That Running Wilde show that the same cast members was in was kinda a disappointment, but it got canned JUST as the show was picking up momentum.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
yeah... The whole thing would be about Bugs feeling really bad for Daffy, and it would be all based on the Bugs?daffy relationship... we see Daffy break down and realize he was just fooling himself and getting depressed (slightly comedically at first, then emotionally) and Bugs would bring the whole gang back together for Daffy's sake.
Does that mean you don't approve of my joke?

Either way, if they did make a Looney Tunes movie like that now (HA!), it'd get labeled a Muppet ripoff.

P.S. Drtooth, please don't turn this thread into another rant about the pitiful state of the current media. This is supposed to be a thread about stretching the imagination regarding favorite TV shows, not bitterness about ones that were cancelled before their time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Either way, if they did make a Looney Tunes movie like that now (HA!), it'd get labeled a Muppet ripoff.
I came up with that one well before I found out what the plot of the movie is, actually.

Hypothetically and logically, there SHOULD be a worthwhile Looney Tunes film. But there's just something off about the formula that they haven't perfected yet. The first LT movies were just compilations of older cartoons with linking footage, and the other two tried too hard to be Roger Rabbit like. However, I think that their DTV efforts managed to capture some of what they're looking for. Well, at least Tweety's High Flying Adventure, I didn't see Bah Humduck yet... The Tweety movie managed to get in every character they could, even Lola. But then again, as they said in Tiny Toons "when it comes to cartoons, us old timers only have a 7 minute attention span." So that's always a problem. How do you translate a series of 6 -7 minute cartoons into a 90 minute coherent storyline? The answers lie in the fact they managed to take certain 6-7 minute sketches and make 22 minute cartoons shows with. Again, I point to Tweety's High Flying Adventure. it used Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries as a springboard.

On that subject, I wanna see Disney make more DTV (or even theatrical) Mickey/Donald/Goofy movies. I LOVED 3 Musketeers... A Goofy Movie was excellent. I really wanna see them do something with Donald. I've been calling for a PK movie since I discovered it. That would be spectacular. I mean, the Tinkerbelle movies are based off Italian comics, why not use those same Italian comics for the other Disney characters to make a great DTV movie? Wizards of Mickey looks very theatrical. Much better way to give the characters a vehicle besides that preschool show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They call him Duck Avenger over here. It's Donald Duck's alter ego that started out as a vengeful phantom that slowly became a Batman type character. Basically it's his superhero identity. Some of the comics from Italy were pretty intense action comics. The idea came out of various letters to the Italian Donald Duck/Disney comics publishers lamenting the fact that Donald's always seen as a loser, and nothing ever goes right for him.

TSSD

Reaction score
On that subject, I wanna see Disney make more DTV (or even theatrical) Mickey/Donald/Goofy movies. I LOVED 3 Musketeers... A Goofy Movie was excellent. I really wanna see them do something with Donald. I've been calling for a PK movie since I discovered it. That would be spectacular. I mean, the Tinkerbelle movies are based off Italian comics, why not use those same Italian comics for the other Disney characters to make a great DTV movie? Wizards of Mickey looks very theatrical. Much better way to give the characters a vehicle besides that preschool show.
I think it's been said that a Mickey/Donald/Goofy theatrical movie is in the works.