Your Favorite Movies

NikZane

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I've always been a fan of robots, and Number 5 may be my favorite.
I absolutely love robots. My friends think I'm insane coz I wanna buy a Sony AIBO robot dog (which are in the thousands to purchase). Not that I have a couple thousand to spend on a toy...

When I was a kid, I used to make a Number 5 out of lego. He looked pretty good actually. :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
NikZane said:
lol! I was considering listing all my favorite Star Trek films, but I couldn't be bothered trying to remember all the numbers and correct names... heh.

Thanx for doing it for me! :wink:

(although I would have excluded Insurrection, wasn't real enthused with that one - good, not great, more like a looooong episode - and I haven't yet seen Nemesis *shame* :embarrassed:)
well, I wasn't really counting all of these as favorite movies. Just listing the Star Trek movies in order of y own personal preference. I didn't vare too much for Insurrection either, but Nemesis is a bit like Generations.

Oh, and Star Trek II and IV are out of order on my list. Change them, reverse them. thank you.

• Any Don Knotts movie

Don Knotts is jsut wonderfully funny.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Don Knotts is jsut wonderfully funny.
I love Don Knotts! I agree, he's hilarious. He was in a bunch of Disney movies. How can you go wrong with Don Knotts and a VW bug? :big_grin:
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ever see Shakiest Gun in the West? That's with Don Knotts, and that's what my signature is from.

Another great one is The Ghost and Mr. Chicken.

"What is brave? Let me clarify this. Brave is short for "bravery." What is a hero? Let me clarify this. Hero is short for "Heroism"."

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
ST Generations is soooo much better than ST Nemesis. Nemesis is very slow-moving in some parts; I was literally starting to shut my eyes in the theater. Don't get me wrong -- the film is still pretty good, the villian is one of Star Trek's finest, the battle scenes out in space are "awesome," and tthe ending is somewhat emotional. It just doesn't go very smoothly.

Whereas Generations has the Nexus, a truly awesome concept IMO. Plus, it has Kirk and Picard :smile:. The final scene with Kirk is, to me, one of those defining moments in Star Trek; and the monologue he makes earlier about not letting them take you away from the captain's chair is great: emotional and, at the same time, epitomizes what Star Trek is all about.

Insurrection is alright. Not the greatest, but it is a story that keeps the audience involved. There are some awesome action scenes; and, in what has become a norm in Star Trek, several great gags. The main reason that it didn't perform well in theaters, I think, is because the movie has the feel of an episode, and not a full-length feature. I admit: I didn't like this movie very much at first. But, over the years, it has grown on me. And now, I think it's pretty good. Yes, it may have the feel of a Star Trek made-for-tv movie (such as "All Good Things" or "Endgame"); but this doesn't automatically make it bad. Hey: I love "Endgame" and "All Good Things"! Thus, I do like Insurrection. I just dis-regard the fact that it's a theatrical release :big_grin:

As for movies coming up, there are quite a few I'm looking forward to with much anticipation: Brother Bear (Which will probably be the test to see if Eisner & Co get rid of the final batch of 2-D animators or not :mad: ), The Alamo, Garfield, Spongebob, Scooby Doo 2, Runaway Jury, Silvia, and Mystic River.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to Brother Bear. My brother seems rather unenthused about it for some reason; I think the cub annoys him. He'll probably go see it with me anyway, though. :big_grin:
Erin

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
It looks great, but time will tell how it fares with audiences. If it doesn't do well, it'll probably be farewell to handdrawn Disney animation as we know it.

Which is sad.

CraigD

Reaction score
A few of my favourites:-

Raging Bull
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars series
Godfather trilogy
Donnie Darko
Ed Wood
Amelie
The Wizard of Oz
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Terminator
Dog Day Afternoon
Twelve Angry Men
The Untouchables
The Wicker Man
O Brother Where Art Thou?
Trainspotting
Gallipoli
Glengarry Glen Ross
Singing in the Rain
Taxi Driver
The Exorcist

The list could go on and on....

Craig

epicllama

Reaction score
So many favortie movies, so little space to write all of them. Here's a few....

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
High Fidelity
Ghost World
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Muppet Treasure Island
Pirates of the Carribbean (I think if MTI and PoTC were combined, it would be the best pirate movie EVER)
Princess Bride
The Last Unicorn
Secret of NIMH
Zoolander
and many more