Lessee...In no particular order:
The Princess Bride
TMM
GMC
Roman Holiday
It's a Wonderful Life
Wakko's Wish
Labyrinth
The Secret of NIMH (Geez, I love that movie)
Lady & the Tramp
Emperor's New Groove
Lion King
To Kill a Mockingbird
MCC
Singin' in the Rain
Fiddler on the Roof
Sabrina (The old one, I LOOOVE Audrey Hepburn. If I could BE her I would)
LOTR movies
Back to the Future trilogy
All Dogs go to Heaven
Goonies
....That is,m, by no means, a comprehensive list, but it'll do for now!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Boy I must have been REAL forgetful when I wrote that first post! Here's five more favorites:

• Tommy Boy
  • The Indiana Jones movies
  • The Star Wars movies
  • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (I've been thinking about it all day! I was gonna buy it, but noooooooo. nobody has it yet here!)
  • It's a Wonderful Life (I know, same thing)

Has anyone seen Last Holiday? It's an old British film with Alec Guiness (for thos who don't know, he's best known as his least favorite role of all time, Obi-Wan Kenobi in the original Star Wars trilogy). It's quite good, and quite possibly another favorite of mine.

NikZane

Reaction score
If I was to list all my favorite films, you'd be here reading pages and pages and pages and pages and...

...so, to sum up:

• Every Tim Burton film ever made.
• Every Jeunet & Caro film ever made.
• Anything Muppet related.
• The Dark Crystal & Labyrinth.
• The Proffesional (and many other Luc Besson films).
• Brazil (and many other Terry Gilliam films)
• Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
• Legend
• The Princess Bride
• Breakfast Club
• Ferris Beullers Day Off
• Heathers
• Both LOTR films, and soon the 3rd (and many other Peter Jackson films - oh, Heavenly Creatures... that has to have a mention).
• Bladerunner
• The "original" Star Wars trilogy (I merely tolerate the new ones).
• 2001: A Space Odyssey.
• The Life of Brian.
• Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture & First Contact.
• Mad Max II.
• Lots of Disney Animated.
• Akira, Ghost in the Shell.
• Metropolis (the original 1927 Fritz Lang movie).
• Metropolis (the recent anime remake).
• Electric Dreams
• Short Circuit (thanx to Erin for reminding me of that one!)
• Back to the Future Trilogy (thanx to JediX & Manda for reminding me of these!)

Okay, I'm gonna leave it at that for now or else I'll be here forever.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
NikZane said:
• Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture
...wow!

I also really liked the Star Trek movies, and those are actually ones I can list in order of favorites:

• Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Christopher Plummer is absolutely brilliant!)
  • Star Trek: Nemesis
  • Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn
  • Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
  • Star Trek: First Contact
  • Star Trek: Generations
  • Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
  • Star Trek: The Motion Picture
  • Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (other than McCoy and Kirk, who are probably at their best in this film, it's still my second-to-last favorite)
  • Star Trek: Insurrection

Ugh! There was another movie I was going to list, but I forgot it... I have a real bad memory.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
NikZane said:
• Short Circuit (thanx to Erin for reminding me of that one!)
You're welcome :smile: That's such a great movie. It was my favorite for some time, and now that I think of it, may have been the beginning of my love affair with Dr. Pepper. I remember making a sign after I first saw it that said "Wouldn't You Like to Be A Pepper Too?" and hanging it in my room. I've always been a fan of robots, and Number 5 may be my favorite. This movie also introduced me to Steve Gutenberg, who I still think is one of the cutest guys in the movie biz. :flirt: :stick_out_tongue: And Ben's mangled speech was just hilarious. I'm glad he got to be in the sequel. :smile:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
...wow!

I also really liked the Star Trek movies, and those are actually ones I can list in order of favorites:

• Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Christopher Plummer is absolutely brilliant!)
  • Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (other than McCoy and Kirk, who are probably at their best in this film, it's still my second-to-last favorite)

Ugh! There was another movie I was going to list, but I forgot it... I have a real bad memory.
You know, I still haven't seen Nemesis, and I don't think I've seen Insurrection either, come to think of it. Some fan I am! :mad: II and IV are easily my favorites; II is so heart-wrenching, and IV is hilarious. I'm not sure if I could rank the others. I like Generations better than First Contact, I think; I especially liked the whole thing with Data's emotion chip. I guess I liked V and VI better than I and III, but I'm not sure about the exact distribution... A curse on my un-mathematical mind... :mad:
Erin

megan

Reaction score
Mine are (in no particular order):

The Last Unicorn
LOTR trilogy
Harry Potter movies
Wings of Desire (Der Himmel Uber Berlin)
Goodbye, Lenin
Amelie
The Neverending Story
Amadeus
Rabbit Proof Fence
American History X
Rebecca
The Dark Crystal
Donnie Darko
Muppet Treasure Island

:zany:

NikZane

Reaction score
megan said:
Wings of Desire (Der Himmel Uber Berlin)
Ahh, excellent film. I didn't like Far Away do Close as much (the "sequel"), but I loved Until the End of the World (another Wim Wenders flm)

megan said:
This is such a gorgeous film. Jean-Pierre Jeunet has such a fantastic talent for dreamy cinematography. His (and Marc Caro's) films are like watching Peter Greenaway, minus the long, drawn out 15 minute pans.

megan said:
The Neverending Story
Argh! I can't believe I forgot this one... oh so many fond memories of Neverending story! We had a student teacher once who let us just draw fantasy pictures all day and taught us the Never Ending Story theme song. Don't ya just love student teachers. :smile:

megan said:
Ooh, love this one too...!

NikZane

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
lol! I was considering listing all my favorite Star Trek films, but I couldn't be bothered trying to remember all the numbers and correct names... heh.

Thanx for doing it for me! :wink:

(although I would have excluded Insurrection, wasn't real enthused with that one - good, not great, more like a looooong episode - and I haven't yet seen Nemesis *shame* :embarrassed:)

Some of the Voyager double episodes, length-wise, would qualify as movies... which if they were would *definately* be in my list. Unimatrix Zero and A Year of **** comes to mind... and the last episodes, of course.

NikZane

Reaction score
Oh, you can't say the 'H' word here. :frown:

The **** above = the place that's *not* heaven.

That's ok isn't it?