You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if...

cjd874

Reaction score
YMBAOMF if you're posting on the YMBAOMF thread right now.
You're an OMF? Me too!

YMBAOMF if...
  • you've read Jim Henson: The Works, Sesame Street: A Celebration of 40 Years, and Of Muppets and Men from cover to cover.
  • you prefer Muppet versions of popular songs or classical tunes to the originals (E.g. Dr. Teeth's "Money" or Robin's "Over the Rainbow")
  • you're afraid of the doctor's office turning into a jungle
  • your idea of fun is sitting in a balcony with an old friend (interpret that however you want) and heckling every performance
  • you never share cookies with anyone
  • you write letters to yourself just so you can count them
  • you can count blocks, but not oranges!

TheVoiceGuy

Reaction score
You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if:
•Someone says the name of a celebrity(Julie Andrews, for example.)and the first thing that comes to your head is:"I remember them from that Muppet Show episode!"
•You tried radishes for the first time because of Fraggle Rock.
•You hear someone with a trumpet and request him to play TMS theme.
•You cannot do a Dracula impression without saying:"Seven, seven bats!! Ahahahah!"
•You Google search recipes for doozer sticks.
•Whenever someone says something about Sweden or Swedish people, you have to say "bork bork bork!"
•You've ever attempted to eat a cookie like Cookie Monster.
•You voted for Obama just to save Sesame Street.
•You've walked in a hospital and said:" And now, Veteranarian's Hospital…"
•You had a weird echo and the first thing you said was:"Piiiiggss iiinn Sssppaaaacccee!!!"
•You cried when Jerry Nelson died
Okay, that's all I've got…

PanthraDion

Reaction score
YMBAOMF if to memorize certain pieces of information you relate what you are trying to memorize to a song from Fraggle Rock/The Muppet Show/Sesame Street.
YMBAOMF if you have found Swedish Chef Google.
YMBAOMF if when you hear someone say something that is from a Muppet song you hum that song quietly to yourself.

cjd874

Reaction score
YMBAOMF if...
  • you grow a mustache like Floyd Pepper's
  • you need a monster to stretch your shoes out
  • you "forward" a singing email to someone, but can't remember who it's from (extra points if your recipient's last name is Johnson)
  • your buddy is sleeping, but you don't mind if he's sleeping, because that's what friends are for!
  • you wonder how Jerry, Jim, and Richard are doing up there right now

Bridget

Reaction score
:attitude: YMBAOMF If you imitate Sam The Eagle whenever you stand up for the Pledge Of Allegiance.

dwmckim

Reaction score
...If you're prone to random bouts of belting out "La la la - LINOLEUM!!!"

...If whenever you listen to "Disappointed" by Electronic, you hear Boober in the back of your head rattling off "Disappointed, perhaps...distressed...distraught..."

...If whenever someone asks you if you have any plans, you reply "I take the golden 'an' in the tan van, i give it to Dan who takes it to Fran - that's the plan!"

...If whenever you take an egg out of a carton, you replace it with a cookie. Bonus points if at the last egg, you eat the cookies one by one while counting down.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
YMBAOMF if when you forget a lunch and have to borrow money, you start humming "Yucky".

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Double-posting. Sorry. I just have a few I want to post before I forget them.

YMBAOMF if...
  1. Whenever you hear the words 'frog' and catching' you think of the song "Frog Kissing."
  2. You spend your day with random muppet quotes floating around your head for no reason.
  3. When someone calls a regular hand-puppet a muppet, you mentally list off up to a dozen differences between the hand-puppet and a real muppet. (Keep in mind that this person in not a big muppet fan, and infact has seen only a few muppety things.)