You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's something that always gets me.

No matter how rank stinkin' mind destroying stupid and terrible an animated movie is, it always has some sort of cult following.

Seriously... that crap about the Gnomes has one, as does Alpha Omega. And that doesn't even count older animated films that were just awful in retrospect.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Seriously... that crap about the Gnomes has one, as does Alpha Omega. And that doesn't even count older animated films that were just awful in retrospect.
Alpha and Omega has fans? Wow, I guess everything has its backers. I've never seen that movie anywhere except the five-dollar DVD bins at Wal-Mart.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Here's something that always gets me.

No matter how rank stinkin' mind destroying stupid and terrible an animated movie is, it always has some sort of cult following.

What about that Food Fight fiasco? Does anyone like movie? Personally I think the idea had promise, it was just in the hands of the wrong people, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Alpha and Omega has fans? Wow, I guess everything has its backers. I've never seen that movie anywhere except the five-dollar DVD bins at Wal-Mart.
Alpha Omega unfortunately has a lot of unironic serious fans. And not because of just wolf lovers. Even make it appoint to spread the whole "this movie doesn't deserve what it gets" bit. Same with that Gnome crap. And both films are getting second ones. They don't even have the "I grew up with something terrible, but still have fond attachment to it" excuse that 80's and 90's kids have for their terrible animated movies.

What about that Food Fight fiasco? Does anyone like movie? Personally I think the idea had promise, it was just in the hands of the wrong people, lol.

Food Fight doesn't seem like it could have been much better off if it had a less juvenile script. It seems more and more that whoever stole their computer hard drives the film was on was trying to prevent a horrible film from getting out into the world.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Food Fight doesn't seem like it could have been much better off if it had a less juvenile script. It seems more and more that whoever stole their computer hard drives the film was on was trying to prevent a horrible film from getting out into the world.
Frankly I'm skeptical about that stolen hard drive story. Perhaps this whole movie was just an attempt at a scam, a la The Producers. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The company was capable of doing better animation. They're behind the Lego Star Wars specials. The fact that the end product's animation is hurried and sloppy compared to their other works does show strong evidence that they had to reanimate everything because the hard drives were taken.

Then there's the story of what almost happened to Toy Story 2. Someone entered a weird value code that almost destroyed the movie, but someone had a work copy on a home computer. Unless that story wasn't well known at the time (and I doubt it wasn't in the animation industry), it's peculiar that they didn't have a back up somewhere outsode of the studio.

robodog

Reaction score
Alpha Omega unfortunately has a lot of unironic serious fans. And not because of just wolf lovers. Even make it appoint to spread the whole "this movie doesn't deserve what it gets" bit. Same with that Gnome crap. And both films are getting second ones. They don't even have the "I grew up with something terrible, but still have fond attachment to it" excuse that 80's and 90's kids have for their terrible animated movies
Alpha and Omega has a lot of fans in the Furry Fandom, but the Furries tend to like anything with wolves. A far better animated movie for wolf ( and husky ) lovers is Balto.
I haven't seen Alpha and Omega so I can't comment on it's quality. I think it may be so popular among wolf fans is because wolves rarely seem to get a positive role in animation. They're usually portrayed as evil monsters whose only purpose is to be slain by the heroes. If you're a wolf fan used to this kind of thing something like Alpha and Omega is like an oasis in the middle of a desert. There are tons of obsessed wolf fans out there. The more obnoxious ones are often referred to as wolfaboos ( as obsessed and obnoxious fans of all things Japan are often referred to as weeaboos ).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Then there's the story of what almost happened to Toy Story 2. Someone entered a weird value code that almost destroyed the movie, but someone had a work copy on a home computer. Unless that story wasn't well known at the time (and I doubt it wasn't in the animation industry), it's peculiar that they didn't have a back up somewhere outsode of the studio.
Oh yeah I remember that! Yeah my first thought was "Wait, how do you not have a back up?" Lol

robodog

Reaction score
Especially considering it's one of the most beloved children's movies of all time. I could understand if it was some brainless piece of garbage like that Gnomeo and Juliet movie. But Toy Story 2? No backup? really?