You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I was in middle school - particularly the last couple of years - our hamburgers were always half pink. Whenever we would bring this to the lunch ladies' attention, they would try to put our minds at ease by saying, "Don't worry about it, it's not real ground beef anyway." When we would then ask what it was, they wouldn't answer.

mr3urious

Reaction score
When I was in middle school - particularly the last couple of years - our hamburgers were always half pink. Whenever we would bring this to the lunch ladies' attention, they would try to put our minds at ease by saying, "Don't worry about it, it's not real ground beef anyway." When we would then ask what it was, they wouldn't answer.
What was it, then? Ground-up horse testicles?

"More testicles means more iron."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dude, you had me both laughing and cringing at the same time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And another thing: why do they say nuts are a really healthy snack when a can or even a single-serving package of nuts has more fat than a bag of chips?

mr3urious

Reaction score
And another thing: why do they say nuts are a really healthy snack when a can or even a single-serving package of nuts has more fat than a bag of chips?
They're a good source of protein and other essential nutrients. And they're rich in unsaturated fats, which are the good kind.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So up to 23% fat content is okay when protein and nutrients are involved, but 12% or less is bad for you simply because?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
There's different types of fats. Unsaturated fats are healthier for you than saturated/trans fats. It has nothing to do with protein/nutrients in the food.

It has to do with the chemical makeup of the fat in question. Unsaturated fats are actually relatively good for your cholesterol, whereas saturated fats can cause high cholesterol.

Basically. It's more complicated but yeah. to put it simply.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While going to see Deadpool, I got a look at the poster for that "How to Be Single" randy chick flick, and something annoyed the crap out of me.

They photoshopped Rebel Wilson to not be chubby. I'm like, who is that for? Isn't the reason you'd even get that actress is because she's a chubby, saucy woman? It's not like anyone isn't aware she's on the heavy side. Isn't one of her roles a character called "Fat Amy?" This isn't shaving small bits of human flesh away from some thin woman because she isn't thin enough. You go to see a movie about a fat comedienne, how come she can't be fat on the film poster?

mr3urious

Reaction score
While going to see Deadpool, I got a look at the poster for that "How to Be Single" randy chick flick, and something annoyed the crap out of me.

They photoshopped Rebel Wilson to not be chubby. I'm like, who is that for? Isn't the reason you'd even get that actress is because she's a chubby, saucy woman? It's not like anyone isn't aware she's on the heavy side. Isn't one of her roles a character called "Fat Amy?" This isn't shaving small bits of human flesh away from some thin woman because she isn't thin enough. You go to see a movie about a fat comedienne, how come she can't be fat on the film poster?
And why not got the extra mile and digitally slim her down in the actual movie?