Wow! What a twisted episode of Family Guy!

Fluffets

Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting episode, I don't watch it anymore after seeing the second part of that "Stewie kills Louis/ Louis kills Stewie" thing, too much gore, if I wanted something like that I'd watch South Park:eek:, I liked the crossover bit though with American Dad.:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm really into animation as well, and I understand everything you're saying. I know cartoons from those times won't as "PC" as they tend to be now a days. I've read books about Walt Disney himself. I know half of the entertainment of the era were making fun of "non-whites" in the 30s, 40s, and 50s. I enjoy reading your posts Drtooth, so forgive me if I sound like a smart guy or whatever, but you're not telling me anything new there.
Exactly... It's nothing new or interesting, but he's basically a product of his time. But that doesn't stop people for heckling him today about it... dude had other issues, though...

Anyway... anyone else glad they didn't go into the dimension of having to use bad footage of Conway Twitty instead of writing anything clever. I truly hope never to see that on the show ever again. it was funny the first time... but after tje second or third time it just comes off lazy.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I would have to say that this is THE funniest episode of Family Guy since the "I Dream of Jesus" episode. Peter singing "Surfin' Bird" over and over again made me laugh like crazy, but the universe hopping the other night was pretty darn funny. As far as the Cleveland Show goes, I think it's of to a good start and hopefully will continue at it's current pace...great concept and I look forward to it every week.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This week's was alright... personally, my biggest laugh had to have been when they finally made fun of the overuse of the Conway Twitty cut-a-ways. It was funny the first time, but it screams of laziness the other 2.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Anybody know that the Disney scene alone cost as much as episode Family Guy.

Also can't believe that last weeks episode of Family Guy actually had the nerve to pulled the Cleveland bathtub joke. :stick_out_tongue:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Anybody know that the Disney scene alone cost as much as episode Family Guy.

Also can't believe that last weeks episode of Family Guy actually had the nerve to pulled the Cleveland bathtub joke. :stick_out_tongue:
Yeah that really bugged me. I thought since he got his own spinoff show that was the end of that waaaay overused joke, but they found a way to sneek it in, very unoriginal, sometimes it's seems like the writers of Family Guy are waaaaaaaaaay too lazy.

Anyhow, I must say, right now I'm enjoying the Cleveland Show much more than Family Guy. I just hope they don't turn Cleveland Jr into a male verison of Meg, that would really annoy me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah that really bugged me. I thought since he got his own spinoff show that was the end of that waaaay overused joke, but they found a way to sneek it in, very unoriginal, sometimes it's seems like the writers of Family Guy are waaaaaaaaaay too lazy.
I missed that part, and I would've been ticked. Really, it IS lazy. That's why I don't like it half as much as I used to. Family Guy didn't become a cult hit because it did the same exact joke 4 or 5 times... it became a cult show because it was unpredictable and random. And even early on in the revival, they violently killed overused jokes and characters. Man, that and the unfunny Conway Twitty thing.

Anyhow, I must say, right now I'm enjoying the Cleveland Show much more than Family Guy. I just hope they don't turn Cleveland Jr into a male verison of Meg, that would really annoy me.
I could see the girl becoming the Meg character. They're doing the same thing with Haylee in American Dad, and I'm not happy about it. I mean they gave her a personality to work with and make fun of, and yet, she's the "We don't like you" character. Still love American Dad, though.

Fluffets

Reaction score
And even early on in the revival, they violently killed overused jokes and characters. Man, that and the unfunny Conway Twitty thing.
Yeah, just the other day or two ago I saw "Saving Private Brian" again, I sort of liked Vern and Johnny.:stick_out_tongue: