Wow! What a twisted episode of Family Guy!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Did any of you see last night's episode of Family guy on Fox? Man it was so twisted that I laughed because it was hilarious! Here's what happens:

While at the Quahog Clam Day Fair, Stewie wins an animal contest using a pig with an exaggerated amount of muscle (and fists). After Brian inquires how he came about attaining the genetically modified pig, Stewie explains how he got it from a farm that breeds those specially mutated pigs. Brian insists on seeing this farm, and Stewie brings them both home where he divulges on the "Multiverse" Theory and shows him a remote control that allows the user to travel between alternate universes. After brief stop-overs in the Flinstones universe, Non-Christian Quahog, a Japanese universe, a universe where everyone needs to poop right at that instance, a double-headed universe, Quahog in the Ice Age, and several others, in a vain effort to get home, they stumble upon a universe where humans are subservient to dogs. Brian, enjoying himself in the new universe, gets into a scuffle with Stewie over the remote, and accidentally drops it on the sidewalk, breaking it.
Finding their way back to the Griffin residence, they introduce themselves incognito to the dog versions of the Griffin family, including a human Brian. Dog Stewie requests to play with human Stewie, where he takes him into the living room and explains his similar situation, that he has also discovered the ability to travel through universes, albeit with precise co-ordinates in mind. He offers to take him back to his own universe, but unfortunately before he can retrieve the device, Dog Peter enrages Stewie, causing Stewie to bite his hand, a detestable offense witnessed by Dog Joe, who locks Stewie up and takes him to the pound to be euthanized. Brian, Human Brian and Dog Stewie sneak into the prison where they break Stewie out and transport both him and Brian back to their universe. As the portal closes, Human Brian, realizing the limitless potential he can hope to achieve in that universe, jumps in. After reaching their destination, Human Brian says his goodbyes, hoping to "be somebody" somewhere in the world, which unfortunately does not work out, because he is hit by a car shortly after leaving.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Well, at least I thought the episode itself was twisted.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Disney Universe was one of the best things I've seen come out of that show in quite some time. That animation WAS great. And that brutal stab at the end totally floored me.... if it were me, i'd make a joke about budgets and all... but still... Really loved how Meg was drawn to be Ursula...

I also LOVED the stab at Robot Chicken... "Transformers! Thundercats! G.I. Joe! Those shows EXISTED!" just pure perfection in that gag.

Actually, it was a very good night for the cartoon line up...

The Simpsons had that episode slamming comic book movies (I'm not a fan of how it degraded into a "Homer is Fat" plotline... but it was still very good)... and I really liked those parody movie posters, and that WONDERFUL line about the producer being behind that parody film "Bad Summer Movie." One of the best gags I've heard in a while...

The Cleveland show got off to a good start, killing that annoying "Cleveland falls out of Bathtub" joke... I swear they only did that crap to save on animation... and we actually see that Cleveland is an actual character.... they really picked the best possible character for a spinoff.

And American Dad was at its completely underrated best once again.

Personally, I'm just waiting for "Something Something Something Darkside," the second Star Wars movie parody.

Xerus

Reaction score
I too liked that Disney version of Family Guy. After seeing the current CGI animated, lack-of-songs Disney movies, seeing what they did on Family Guy makes it look like the good old days of Disney again.

The Cleveland Show might have some possibilities. And it takes place in my home state, Virginia, just like American Dad. I just wonder why they changed Cleveland Jr. from a hyperactive little kid to an overweight slow moving kid?

And I like the Everyman superhero in the Simpsons. But wouldn't other comic book companies be able to sue Comic Book Guy for mentioning other superheroes in his comic?

APRena

Reaction score
It's a wonderful day FOR PIIIIIIEEEEEE!

Parallel universes always produce interesting, twistedly funny plots. It's kind of an excuse for the writers to just go nuts. :big_grin:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The Disney Universe was one of the best things I've seen come out of that show in quite some time. That animation WAS great. And that brutal stab at the end totally floored me.... if it were me, i'd make a joke about budgets and all... but still... Really loved how Meg was drawn to be Ursula...

I also LOVED the stab at Robot Chicken... "Transformers! Thundercats! G.I. Joe! Those shows EXISTED!" just pure perfection in that gag.
The Robot Chicken gag was great.

I enjoyed the "Universe where everything is drawn by Disney as well. Meg as Ursula and Chris as Pooh Bear was some pretty funny stuff. Though that has to be what their sixth or seventh joke about Disney hating the Jews? I don't seems to getting a bit old, but maybe I'm being a bit bias since I'm a huge Disney fan, but still.

Overall I would say this is one of the better epsiodes of Family Guy in sometime.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though that has to be what their sixth or seventh joke about Disney hating the Jews? I don't seems to getting a bit old, but maybe I'm being a bit bias since I'm a huge Disney fan, but still.
Well... lemme just say I like Disney too (not as much as Looney Tunes, but still)... the most accurate satire of him was the Tv Funhouse "Inside the Disney Vault" cartoon. All I'm saying.

When you study animation like I do, you learn EVERY single story about the guy, and you learn all the things that were wrong with him. Though there is no excuse for intolerance, you gotta remember, Disney was around in the 20's, 30's, 40's... etc. When being intolerant and racist was seen as acceptable. Some say his Antisemitism comes from a business point of view... I think it may have done with the strike or something. Long story short, he had a LOT of parent issues, and he came from a time when (and check it out... look it up) half the entertainment of the era was making fun of non-whites, and whites of various backgrounds like Italians and the Irish.

Heck, DC comics wouldn't have a black superhero until the 70's and no one talks about that. Racism and intolerance swept the business for decades. looking back at these practices, they seem downright ghastly and evil... but they were totally acceptable back then.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I loved this particular family guy episode because the way things were done were done very cleverly (If that's a word, let me know), and I loved that "What a wonderful day for PIE" thing!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well... lemme just say I like Disney too (not as much as Looney Tunes, but still)... the most accurate satire of him was the Tv Funhouse "Inside the Disney Vault" cartoon. All I'm saying.

When you study animation like I do, you learn EVERY single story about the guy, and you learn all the things that were wrong with him. Though there is no excuse for intolerance, you gotta remember, Disney was around in the 20's, 30's, 40's... etc. When being intolerant and racist was seen as acceptable. Some say his Antisemitism comes from a business point of view... I think it may have done with the strike or something. Long story short, he had a LOT of parent issues, and he came from a time when (and check it out... look it up) half the entertainment of the era was making fun of non-whites, and whites of various backgrounds like Italians and the Irish.

Heck, DC comics wouldn't have a black superhero until the 70's and no one talks about that. Racism and intolerance swept the business for decades. looking back at these practices, they seem downright ghastly and evil... but they were totally acceptable back then.
I'm really into animation as well, and I understand everything you're saying. I know cartoons from those times won't as "PC" as they tend to be now a days. I've read books about Walt Disney himself. I know half of the entertainment of the era were making fun of "non-whites" in the 30s, 40s, and 50s. I enjoy reading your posts Drtooth, so forgive me if I sound like a smart guy or whatever, but you're not telling me anything new there.

What I was trying to say, more or less, is that it's a joke they already done a few times before. I'm not saying I'm offend as a Disney fan (I'm also a huge fan of Looney tunes as well). I probably put it in the wrong way, myself.