Would the Muppets be better off owned by Warner Bros.?

Would they be better off with WB?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No, Disney is a better home for them!

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Maybe, but it's hard to say.

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • I don't care who owns the Muppets, as long as we get good content!

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

BeakerGirl94

Reaction score
Under Henson:
- THE MUPPETS CELEBRATE JIM HENSON
- THE MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL
- MUPPET CLASSIC THEATER
- MR. WILLOBY'S CHRISTMAS TREE
- MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND
- MUPPETS TONIGHT!
- MUPPETS FROM SPACE
- KERMIT'S SWAMP YEARS
- IT'S A VERY MERRY MUPPET CHRISTMAS MOVIE

Under Disney:
- THE MUPPETS' WIZARD OF OZ
- THE MUPPETS' LETTERS TO SANTA
- THE MUPPETS (2011)
- MUPPETS MOST WANTED
- THE LADY GAGA PLUGS HER NEW ALBUM WITH THE MUPPETS THROWN IN AT THE LAST MINUTE SPECIAL
- THE MUPPETS (2015)
I just would like to point out that Disney co-produced The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True, as was MT!, and VMX was co-produced with NBC (and actually during the time when the Muppets were actually owned by that failing German media company).

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I just remembered something, I know Disney isn't doing any good with The Muppets but before Jim Henson died he really wanted his characters to be part of the Disney family. He had almost sold them before he died and they wouldn't buy the Muppet until 2004 so I don't think the Henson kids would approve of this
Would they approve of MGM buying the muppets ?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MGM did the same thing to GREEN ACRES that Disney has done to TMS, in that MGM released the first three seasons of GREEN ACRES on DVD, and then just stopped - that was less than fifteen years ago. It wasn't until the distribution rights went to Shout! Factory instead just a few years ago that the remaining three seasons were finally released on DVD as well.

gravy

Reaction score
MGM did the same thing to GREEN ACRES that Disney has done to TMS, in that MGM released the first three seasons of GREEN ACRES on DVD, and then just stopped - that was less than fifteen years ago. It wasn't until the distribution rights went to Shout! Factory instead just a few years ago that the remaining three seasons were finally released on DVD as well.
then just give the distribution rights for TMS to shout and the world will be saved

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Considering Shout has done deals with Disney to begin with, it makes me hopeful that maybe they could release the remaining seasons with a few edits here and there, far as music rights/estates are concerned.

But that also comes down to how pickey Disney is with their licensing of shows/movies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What if Krofft owned the Muppets? Marty Krofft in general is particularly business-savvy, and he and Sid have done well in protecting and preserving their own properties over the decades, not to mention Marty himself has said he hasn't been too impressed with what Disney's been doing with the Muppets either.

Plus, Krofft is a similar kind of company that Henson was when Jim was still alive: just a small, artistic company, usually having to partner with another company to produce projects . . . but arguably, Krofft was more commercially successful back in the 70s and 80s than Henson was - and the Hensons were a tad envious of Krofft in that respect (Lisa even admits she flat-out hated the Kroffts when she was a kid for having multiple shows on all three networks during a time when Jim only had TMS).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
What if Warner owned the Muppets?

What if MGM owner the Muppets?

What if PBS owned the Muppets?

What if FOX owned the Muppets?

What if Netflix owned the Muppets?

What if Hulu owned the Muppets?

What if Apple owned the Muppets?

What if Microsoft owned the Muppets?

What if Paramount owned the Muppets?

What if Sony owned the Muppets?