Would the Muppets be better off owned by Warner Bros.?

Would they be better off with WB?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No, Disney is a better home for them!

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Maybe, but it's hard to say.

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • I don't care who owns the Muppets, as long as we get good content!

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

datman24

Reaction score
I don't think they'd really be better off with anyone. puppets in general just arent popular to the general public, and we'd probably have the same problems no matter who owned them.
That's where I was trying to go with this. It's sad, but it's true.

Last edited:

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Oh no! My concern is coming true!😭 I mean, I like Warner Bros, but I don'y want Disney to give up the Muppets just yet. Of course, it could be false rumor nonsense.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
puppets in general just arent popular to the general public, and we'd probably have the same problems no matter who owned them.
That's where I was trying to go with this. It's sad, but it's true.
I wouldn't say that. A lot of people really like puppets, it's just difficult to find an audience for them, mainly because of the stigma that they're strictly for little kids . . . remember, Jim fought hard against this, and he actually succeeded to a degree: when TMS became a smash hit, all three of the major networks were kicking themselves for passing up on buying the show when he was selling it. Again, if Disney would just execute them better and stop trying to have them adhere to certain formulas that may work for other shows but not necessarily theirs, they'd probably do better.
Oh no! My concern is coming true!😭 I mean, I like Warner Bros, but I don'y want Disney to give up the Muppets just yet. Of course, it could be false rumor nonsense.
It's not even a rumor, or even anything that's actually happening - it's all purely fan speculation and theorizing. Nothing more, nothing less.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. A lot of people really like puppets, it's just difficult to find an audience for them, mainly because of the stigma that they're strictly for little kids . . . remember, Jim fought hard against this, and he actually succeeded to a degree: when TMS became a smash hit, all three of the major networks were kicking themselves for passing up on buying the show when he was selling it. Again, if Disney would just execute them better and stop trying to have them adhere to certain formulas that may work for other shows but not necessarily theirs, they'd probably do better.
It's not even a rumor, or even anything that's actually happening - it's all purely fan speculation and theorizing. Nothing more, nothing less.
Okay. I feel better now.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The Muppets are a combination of the slapstick of Warner Bros. and the heartfelt nature of Disney... maybe it should be joint ownership. :laugh:

But Disney is definitely the better option.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I just remembered something, I know Disney isn't doing any good with The Muppets but before Jim Henson died he really wanted his characters to be part of the Disney family. He had almost sold them before he died and they wouldn't buy the Muppet until 2004 so I don't think the Henson kids would approve of this