Would 90s Sesame Street have ever done an episode like this? Why or why not?

salemfan

Reaction score
In the days of Sesame Street's original format of a main story interrupted by various short segments (the mid 90s) I had a dream that there was an episode in which an orange monster has been locked in a cage, and when the show went back to the main story, the monster was pleading to be let out. There were at least two main scenes where the monster was pleading to be let out. The backdrop for these street scenes was reminiscent of the interior of Stromboli's trailer in Disney's Pinocchio. I think having watched that movie constantly is what gave me that dream.
Would Sesame Street in the 90s have ever done an episode showing that? Why or why not?

salemfan

Reaction score
What makes you say that as the Tootsie Pop commercial ends, "The world may never know" if 90s Sesame Street would have done an episode like the one I had a dream about way back in 1995?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, how the heck are WE supposed to know the kind of ideas for stories that came up in the writing room? :rolleyes: We can’t magically go into their heads and guess what kind of scrapped ideas they had in mind previously.

salemfan

Reaction score
Well, how the heck are WE supposed to know the kind of ideas for stories that came up in the writing room? :rolleyes: We can’t magically go into their heads and guess what kind of scrapped ideas they had in mind previously.
Well, the question I have is if the story seen in my aforementioned dream would have gotten approved for broadcast by whoever was at Sesame Workshop (in those days it was Children's Television Workshop) who made the approvals at the time or scrapped.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You basically just proved the point to my previous post but okay.

salemfan

Reaction score
Does that mean the world may never know what would have been approved for broadcast and what would have been scrapped in the 90s?

salemfan

Reaction score
If an episode like the one I had a dream about had made it to broadcast how would the target age for Sesame Street have reacted upon seeing that as an episode?