Working with Frank Oz.

renegade

Reaction score
Does any one know if Frank Oz was really Hard to work with while doing any muppet puppetry ? I heard him and Brian Henson won't even talk is this true

No Doubt Frank is the best talent but does he have a ego to match?

travellingpat

Reaction score
Carroll Spinney told me a story about once when he was doing cookies right hand early on...Frank would not let him do ANYTHING and actually held it down with Cookies left hand so Carroll would not, and could not do anything...so i think that answers your questions! lol

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
travellingpat said:
Carroll Spinney told me a story about once when he was doing cookies right hand early on...Frank would not let him do ANYTHING and actually held it down with Cookies left hand so Carroll would not, and could not do anything...so i think that answers your questions! lol
Haha. Poor Carroll. :smile:

The books I've read said that Frank Oz made up for his kind of anal-retentive temper with his great sense of humor. And he's also come off really sweet.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I forget who said it,but I think Jim Henson said that Frank's a really nice guy,but don't get in his way when he puppeteers.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
renegade said:
Does any one know if Frank Oz was really Hard to work with while doing any muppet puppetry ? I heard him and Brian Henson won't even talk is this true

No Doubt Frank is the best talent but does he have a ego to match?
Frank is the best performer and that makes him lash out when things aren't done to his perfection. And why would anyone want to argue with the Master puppeteer that he is.

I don't know about Brian Henson, but I do know that Frank and Steve Whitmire don't get along.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
I myself don't know the actual reason, but it's not a secret to those who have worked with them in studios.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
but I do know that Frank and Steve Whitmire don't get along.
Because Frank & Jim had better puppetry chemistry,specially when they did Ernie & Bert.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
He stopped puppeteering to go back to directing.Yes he quit,but comes back once in a while to puppeteer.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
JoeyMuppet said:
He stopped puppeteering to go back to directing.Yes he quit,but comes back once in a while to puppeteer.
Ok, thanks!:wink: