• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • Sesame moves to HBO Max
    Sesame Street is moving to the new HBO Max streaming service for Seasons 51-55. HBO Max will also stream a broad collection of classic episodes from the past 50 years.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Working with Frank Oz.

renegade

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Does any one know if Frank Oz was really Hard to work with while doing any muppet puppetry ? I heard him and Brian Henson won't even talk is this true

No Doubt Frank is the best talent but does he have a ego to match?
 

travellingpat

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
7
Carroll Spinney told me a story about once when he was doing cookies right hand early on...Frank would not let him do ANYTHING and actually held it down with Cookies left hand so Carroll would not, and could not do anything...so i think that answers your questions! lol
 

MeepBorkMeep

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2006
Messages
1,319
Reaction score
4
travellingpat said:
Carroll Spinney told me a story about once when he was doing cookies right hand early on...Frank would not let him do ANYTHING and actually held it down with Cookies left hand so Carroll would not, and could not do anything...so i think that answers your questions! lol
Haha. Poor Carroll. :smile:

The books I've read said that Frank Oz made up for his kind of anal-retentive temper with his great sense of humor. And he's also come off really sweet.
 

JoeyMuppet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
770
Reaction score
4
I forget who said it,but I think Jim Henson said that Frank's a really nice guy,but don't get in his way when he puppeteers.
 

OverUnderAround

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
446
Reaction score
3
renegade said:
Does any one know if Frank Oz was really Hard to work with while doing any muppet puppetry ? I heard him and Brian Henson won't even talk is this true

No Doubt Frank is the best talent but does he have a ego to match?
Frank is the best performer and that makes him lash out when things aren't done to his perfection. And why would anyone want to argue with the Master puppeteer that he is.

I don't know about Brian Henson, but I do know that Frank and Steve Whitmire don't get along.
 

OverUnderAround

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
446
Reaction score
3
I myself don't know the actual reason, but it's not a secret to those who have worked with them in studios.
 

JoeyMuppet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
770
Reaction score
4
OverUnderAround said:
but I do know that Frank and Steve Whitmire don't get along.
Because Frank & Jim had better puppetry chemistry,specially when they did Ernie & Bert.
 

JoeyMuppet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
770
Reaction score
4
He stopped puppeteering to go back to directing.Yes he quit,but comes back once in a while to puppeteer.
 

Muppet Matt

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2006
Messages
1,008
Reaction score
5
JoeyMuppet said:
He stopped puppeteering to go back to directing.Yes he quit,but comes back once in a while to puppeteer.
Ok, thanks!:wink:
 
Top