Winnie-the-Pooh

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
Whoa!! You remembered way more than I did. I completely forgot about the koala guy being the ringmaster and Sebastian the alley cat!! Good times. Also, there was Lionel (a lion of course). The show seemed like it was on all the time back then. For those who missed out (or have fuzzy memories like me), here's a decent web site that shows the characters:

http://dumbo.sphosting.com/
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Lionel! And Mattie! That was the girl koala's name, Mattie!

MATTIEEEEEEEEE!!!

:big_grin:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Dude, cool site! :cool:

"QT" the orangutan? Huh, I coulda sworn his name was Caliope...somebody's was! lol

And they don't have Mattie up there ("Fair Dinkum"? No wonder I couldn't remember his name! lol), so I guess she was only in a certain # of shows, or joined on at one point later and stayed till the end.

Thanks so much for the link, it's bringin' back some more mem'ries! :big_grin:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Dude, cool site! :cool:

"QT" the orangutan? Huh, I coulda sworn his name was Caliope...somebody's was! lol

And they don't have Mattie up there ("Fair Dinkum"? No wonder I couldn't remember his name! lol), so I guess she was only in a certain # of shows, or joined on at one point later and stayed till the end.

Thanks so much for the link, it's bringin' back some more mem'ries! :big_grin:
Mattie!! That does kind of ring a bell!! I agree though--what kind of name is Fair Dinkum? Of course, it's not often you see koala bears in a circus, so I guess they were on new ground there. Kinda strange how they didn't have the mouse or crows from the original Dumbo movie as characters too. Still, a great, great show that NEEDS to be back on the air someday!!

And whoa, you're in Cincinnati...I was just there Tuesday! lol
Cool. Yep, I'm here in Cincy and looking at a blizzard outside the window. I certainly didn't move south from Minnesota for this!!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Lol, yeah, I'm encased in ice here!

:big_grin:

And yes, we need these shows back! They're part of our childhood, dang it! :sympathy:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, you step out the door here for a minute, it takes you an hour to thaw out! Garrison Keillor certainly felt right at home...
Erin

Erine81981

Reaction score
I can't get the songs to work. This is really making me mad. Can someone help me?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I know, I can't get 'em to, either. :frown:

But I went to that "mystie" somebody's site that's a link somewhere, and I did get to hear the first 27 seconds of DC! :smile: The galleries are cool, and I saw a picture of the openin' logo on 1 or 2 sites...man, I SO felt like I shoulda been 7 or 8 years old again, plopped in front o' muh grandparents' big ol' dinosaur "floor TV" with a plate o' 4 o' Gran's homemade pimento cheese samiches in muh lap on a bright summer mornin' with the sun's rays streamin' through their livin' room winder as Gran cleans house, Pop 'n Daddy Byron farm, Mommy Byron diligently works at Ft. Knox, 'n Sister Byron sleeps at home.

*SIGH*

:flirt:

I agree with electric mayhem, "stupid growin' up"!

:grouchy:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I SO felt like I shoulda been 7 or 8 years old again, plopped in front o' muh grandparents' big ol' dinosaur "floor TV" with a plate o' 4 o' Gran's homemade pimento cheese samiches in muh lap on a bright summer mornin' with the sun's rays streamin' through their livin' room winder as Gran cleans house, Pop 'n Daddy Byron farm, Mommy Byron diligently works at Ft. Knox, 'n Sister Byron sleeps at home.

*SIGH*

:flirt:

I agree with electric mayhem, "stupid growin' up"!

:grouchy:
Ya, stupid stupid stupid!! :grouchy: You sure sound like you had a nice childhood, Byron. :smile:
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Ya, stupid stupid stupid!! :grouchy: You sure sound like you had a nice childhood, Byron. :smile:
Erin
Er, you really don't want to know about that.