Will Disney air the Muppet Show?

Xela

Reaction score
Maybe they see it as dated, and think that the majority of people won't care for it... :frown:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
doubt it. a lot of people remember it and probably would like to see it again.

starlitwings

Reaction score
Xela said:
Maybe they see it as dated, and think that the majority of people won't care for it... :frown:
That's my guess because when you think about it, though muppets aren't exactly dated in my opinion, the guest stars on The Muppet Show have severly dated it. For example, the episode where prince was a guest when he was 'the artist formally known as prince.'

That Announcer

Reaction score
Yes (unfortunately)

It's sad that no one person in my seventh-grade class (other than myself and my buddy Brownstone) appreciates anything ever done by the Muppets. I'll quote a recent conversation with a short stocky kid called Justin:

"You like the Muppets?"
"No! They're stupid!"
"Why?"
"Because, umm, because, Big Bird, is like, GAY!"

So based on one character on one show the Muppets suck. And this is the same guy who loves stupid shows like Family Guy and King of the Hill. Others are also able to do that idiotic Beavis and Butthead laugh on cue. Most have never seen one episode of the Muppet Show or one Muppet movie. They base their entire knowledge of the Muppets on Sesame Street, and I think that's sad. Keep in mind now it is often said that I'm the most mature guy in my class, and yet I still watch so called "kids' stuff."

:rolleyes: Your friendly neighborhood critic

unclematt

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
It's sad that no one person in my seventh-grade class (other than myself and my buddy Brownstone) appreciates anything ever done by the Muppets. I'll quote a recent conversation with a short stocky kid called Justin:

"You like the Muppets?"
"No! They're stupid!"
"Why?"
"Because, umm, because, Big Bird, is like, GAY!"

So based on one character on one show the Muppets suck. And this is the same guy who loves stupid shows like Family Guy and King of the Hill. Others are also able to do that idiotic Beavis and Butthead laugh on cue. Most have never seen one episode of the Muppet Show or one Muppet movie. They base their entire knowledge of the Muppets on Sesame Street, and I think that's sad. Keep in mind now it is often said that I'm the most mature guy in my class, and yet I still watch so called "kids' stuff."

:rolleyes: Your friendly neighborhood critic
First of all Family Guy and King of the Hill are great shows.

More importantly I am very surprised that your fellow classmamtes even realize that the Sesame Street characters are Muppets. Many people my age (25) do not even realize that.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Yes

I think they realize that SS is the Muppets based solely on their parents telling them Jim Henson does Kermit and Ernie. I've got nothing against Family Guy and King of the Hill- it's just that they pale in comparison to Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show. It's sad though that they will probably never experience the opening sequence of Fraggle Rock, or never know who Link Hogthrob is. And I do like FG and KOTH as well as the Muppets but in a wrestling match, the Muppets win.

I'd like to actually do a Combat Corner type deal for, let's say, Muppet Show and Family Guy. Things like this are done all the time, so don't try to tell me that you can't compare them and they are two totally different shows. I can compare them and I will compare them. Surf on over to my account and check for posts in the next little bit- I don't know what board it'll be put in so that's the safest way to check. I will be asking for your input and will try to get a couple of my buddies in on this.

:smile: Your friendly neighborhood critic

P.S. I like the Simpsons too. I wonder if you could rightfully compare any Simpsons to any Muppets?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Agreed! :smile: Cause Muppets Rock Sock! And I dont give a Freek What my Peers think! :cool:
EMET!
<realizes I'm probably the only person who knows what I just said :embarrassed: >

ah, lets put it this way....
here, here!

there we go, that's better.

Gosh, why can't I just say "I agree" and be done with it? Well, because that's just too simple, that's why.

oh, and if you're wondering, "emet" is Hebrew for "truth". Meh, I'm rambling...