Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd rather just get the full series set... but that cover is amazing! Original Joe Murray art. Much better than the usual crappy stock photos and pictures most DVD's seem to be saddled with.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I just picked up the complete set of The Angry Beavers at Wal-Mart today for $20.00, which is a good price. Only annoying thing so far is that they don't have the episode listings on the discs or in an insert, so I have to make my own on index cards. I'll let you guys know about the quality of the DVDs once I actually watch a few and get a good idea of things.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just picked up the complete set of The Angry Beavers at Wal-Mart today for $20.00, which is a good price. Only annoying thing so far is that they don't have the episode listings on the discs or in an insert, so I have to make my own on index cards. I'll let you guys know about the quality of the DVDs once I actually watch a few and get a good idea of things.
Yeah! What the heck is up with that? Too many newer DVD's I get don't have a track listing. The Ruby Spears Superman series, the Lionsgate rerelease of Fraggle Rock Season 1... I know they have to cut corners for costs sake, but cutting the freaking episode listing!?!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I know right? I mean, I can't imagine a sheet of paper with maybe some stock art and the episode list on it to be that much. I was a bit annoyed that the Dan Vs season 1 dvd didn't have one either. Granted I'm at the point where I can guess what episodes are on which dvd because I have a vague knowledge of the order of the episodes but...

yeah. Sorry. I'm on a Dan Vs kick for some reason. It doesn't help my Dan Vs blog is more popular than ever right now.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I got the complete first and second seasons of Regular Show at Target for I think somewhere around $35.00. I'm pretty sure the episodes were in the correct order. It was also available on Blu-Ray, but the DVD and the Blu-Ray came with the exact same bonus features. I couldn't believe the bonus features. Audio commentary for every episode, the unaired pilot episode, pencil tests, the original student film JG Quintel made, and a bunch more (on the DVD!)

http://www.movieweb.com/news/regula...econd-seasons-blu-ray-and-dvd-debut-july-16th

I think it was just released a few months ago, because I only saw the theme discs that had like 10 episodes from a bunch of different seasons before. It was great to see a whole season available, because the theme DVDs only include a random bunch of episodes. (Like those SpongeBob DVDs that constantly rip you off by not including that ONE episode that's only available on the season boxset).

The DVD cover is okay. Not really anything special, just a blue cover with an old Regular Show group photo in the middle.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I saw the Regular Show DVDs at Wal-Mart too, they looked very nice and seemed loaded with bonus features. I'm waiting to pick them up for awhile though; Regular Show is the kind of show I like enough to wait for a possible giant boxed set at one point (hoping it will get to that point someday).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm still mad at how quickly CN's been cranking out these shows on DVD when it took forever to even get any season sets of any of their older shows... and even now, they've left us hanging with just one season each of Dexter, Johnny B., Courage, and two seasons of EEE.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Is TUFF Puppy even on DVD? Nickelodeon seems to be hiding the show, because I've never seen any merchandise of it. Some of the episodes are available on this one iCarly DVD as a bonus, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm still mad at how quickly CN's been cranking out these shows on DVD when it took forever to even get any season sets of any of their older shows... and even now, they've left us hanging with just one season each of Dexter, Johnny B., Courage, and two seasons of EEE.
The fact they cheaped out on the bonus features for everything but Johnny Bravo (which was awesome, making the other 2 sets a let down), and the fact that they chickened out on banned episodes (even Disney restored one of the banned episodes of Talespin, and even WB restored the banned PPG episode and the uncensored versions of the original shorts with the original name) made collectors not want the DVD sets. So, technically, it's as much the fans fault as it is WB's. Besides... Johnny Bravo was good after season 1, but it wasn't as good as season 1.

Regular Show and Adventure Time only got season sets after multiple single disk compilations. The fans were not happy. And Mad, even though it's a popular show, didn't get past the first season.

Is TUFF Puppy even on DVD? Nickelodeon seems to be hiding the show, because I've never seen any merchandise of it. Some of the episodes are available on this one iCarly DVD as a bonus, though.
There's the Christmas episode, but you had to have bought the Target Exclusive DVD of the Spongebob Christmas special. :rolleyes: Yeah, there's also a hard to find plush toy and 4 piece figure set that are both TRU exclusives. That's about it. Great to see that Nick is screwing with anything that isn't a live action tweencom and Spongebob.

I'm very disappointed that they have to release TMNT in single disk sets. And I'm even more disappointed they didn't hammer out a deal with Shout to release any of the 2k3 series (that they now own) in season sets. No thanks to a falling out with 4Kids and Funimation, we only got the first season and a half (and Fast Forward and an out of order second half of season 4) in proper season set form.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I actually got the DVD of The Aquabats: Super Show by Shout Factory yesterday. I had to get it through mail because I couldn't find it anywhere. It's a pretty nice DVD, the episodes are in the right order, and it has a very nice DVD jacket. It also has some nice bonus features (the unaired pilot, audio commentary, and a blooper reel).

I also have a random question: Has Shout released a Danny Phantom DVD? Because I've never seen one at any store, but it's on the card that came with the first season of Rocko's Modern Life.