Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

unclematt

Reaction score
I know Red Pigy, Sorry didnt mean to make it feel like I was calling you out.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Personally, I think that Skeeter COULD work as a Muppet and I'll tell you why. It would make more use out of Scooter rather than him just be a background character, have him fighting or doing something with his sister would make a great little thing if the chemistry is right.

Daniel

Redsonga

Reaction score
That's true, since he seems to be one of the only muppets to have been really have that relationship..and it might give him more of a background story to :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
I think Skeeter could work but before they try to develop Skeeter they need to fix the problems they are having with Scooter.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It's possible, though, that the only way to fix him (and come to think of it, LTS Scooter might very well be "Baby Scooter" aged a bit, since it's closer to Baby Scooter's voice than Adult Scooter's) is to give him something to do or someone to play off of. Robin has Kermit and Sweetums. Piggy has Kermit (and other pigs and Bean and such). Gonzo has Rizzo, Camilla, Kermit, and Fozzie. Who has been Scooter's buddy? Sometimes in TMS it seems as though he gets along with Fozzie, but he's always subservient to everyone else he talks to. He's apparently not the EM manager anymore. Giving him a headstrong sister might just make him interesting again. And if it's true we're going for a more "adult Baby-Scooter" thing going on (come on, outside of LTS, when has Scooter had a computer?), then Skeeter is an obvious choice to develop Scooter.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Scooter always used to have a good relationship with Piggy. She'd get him to do her secret tasks. She doesn't really have anyone like that these days...She's kinda a loner now.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
She uses Bean more for that kind of stuff. In VMX it's Bean, not Scooter, helping her pack.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I see what you mean about Scooter becoming a grown-up version of Baby Scooter. And if you think about it, Baby Scooter was moved into that bookish-computer-geek character because that was what the series was missing, and that's why they also invented Skeeter because it was missing a foil for Piggy. I suppose that's why grown-up Scooter is changing to fill in the parts that are potentially missing from the Muppet group now. (A computer geek). But I would never have thought he'd be that kind of character...

...on TMS he always thought that he was in control, even though he was subserviant. And that subtle difference was what made him HIM. To be honest...and usually I never say this...He is one character that I don't think can be recast properly, because he embodied everything that was Richard Hunt. And similar to their not recasting Rowlf for so long, becuase he's Jim's iconic character.

I think the closest he's been to himself recently was profiting from Gonzo's alienisity and selling Gonzo t-shirts. Closest voice as well.

unclematt

Reaction score
I thought Scooter sounded fine in VMX and Oz but he digressed in LTS