Why isn't Disney acknowledging Bear?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Okay, i'll admit that some of those shows haven't been confirmed by Disney themselves, but shows like Out of the Box, The Book of Pooh, Bonkers, and Quack Pack were on the unconfirmed list that someone compiled by doing some data mining (Most likely on the Netherlands Disney+ since they have the free trial). Mighty Ducks and New Adventures of Pooh are definitely 100% confirmed as they're on the Netherlands Free Trial, though we're getting a tad bit off topic there
Thank you.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Personally i'm not sure if I want new Bear episodes. Yes, there's been good reboots like DuckTales and Muppet Babies (Plus the Blue's Clues reboot looks really good), but then you have stuff like The Magic School Bus Rides Again (I never saw it, but i've heard really bad things about it) and The Powerpuff Girls Reboot (Which was full of cliches and from what I saw, it was even worse than the lackluster last 2 seasons of the original show and this is coming from someone who loved the first 4 seasons of the PPG and the movie). I think it would be best to leave Bear as it is, unless they have some really good ideas for a reboot. That being said, I do think Disney should re-release DVDs of the show and make a Complete Series set for the show and they should definitely and I mean definitely put it on Disney+. I honestly don't know why Disney pretends like Bear never existed, especially when it used to be their most popular show on Playhouse Disney.

Thankfully, it seems like Disney is bringing some shows to Disney+ that they haven't acknowledged in years like Quack Pack, The Mighty Ducks, Out of the Box, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and The Book of Pooh, just to name a few. Atleast with Muppet Babies (1984) and The Muppet Show, there's rights issues that make it difficult for them to be legally available. Bear doesn't have that, so I think it has every right to be on there
I believe Disney should continue the show and show reruns of the show as well.

DMHFan

Reaction score
I think a possible reason as to why Bear in the Big Blue House hasn't been avaliable on digital download could be due to the "Jim Henson Television" logo at the end of each episode, but I could be wrong.

MuppetsBear17

Reaction score
I think a possible reason as to why Bear in the Big Blue House hasn't been avaliable on digital download could be due to the "Jim Henson Television" logo at the end of each episode, but I could be wrong.
I doubt it. Disney still aired reruns of Bear in the Big Blue House in the very early mornings when they bought Bear (They aired it till May 6, 2007) and those reruns still had the Jim Henson Television logo in them

DMHFan

Reaction score
I doubt it. Disney still aired reruns of Bear in the Big Blue House in the very early mornings when they bought Bear (They aired it till May 6, 2007) and those reruns still had the Jim Henson Television logo in them
Okay. I still don't know why Bear in the Big Blue House hasn't been on digital download yet...

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I rather they have new Bear theme shorts for Disney Jr. to reintroduce the character to new generation of viewers. I mean if they can rework the Muppets, then Disney can do the same thing for Bear.

MuppetsBear17

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't get why Disney+ won't have Bear at launch. It was the flagship show of Playhouse Disney during the Late 90's and Early 2000's and I know for a fact that it has no copyright issues at all, unlike OG Muppet Babies (Though it might not have copyright issues since I heard the clips were licensed for perpetuity use), The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, Muppets Take Manhattan (Sony has distribution rights), and Muppets From Space (Same as Manhattan).

I really hope Bear gets here eventually. It could be a big draw for Disney+ as it was a very popular pre-school show back then and i'm sure little kids would still love it today.

I rather they have new Bear theme shorts for Disney Jr. to reintroduce the character to new generation of viewers. I mean if they can rework the Muppets, then Disney can do the same thing for Bear.
The idea of Bear shorts sounds interesting

Last edited: