• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. An official DVD is on the way.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Why isn't Disney acknowledging Bear?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't get why Disney+ won't have Bear at launch. It was the flagship show of Playhouse Disney during the Late 90's and Early 2000's and I know for a fact that it has no copyright issues at all, unlike OG Muppet Babies (Though it might not have copyright issues since I heard the clips were licensed for perpetuity use), The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, Muppets Take Manhattan (Sony has distribution rights), and Muppets From Space (Same as Manhattan).

I really hope Bear gets here at launch. It could be a big draw for Disney+ as it was a very popular pre-school show back then and i'm sure little kids would still love it today.

The idea of Bear shorts sounds interesting
So is it not coming to Disney+ at all?

MuppetsBear17

Reaction score
So is it not coming to Disney+ at all?
At least not at launch. I'm not sure if it will ever be on Disney+, but I really hope Disney will eventually add it to their service. Of the first 4 Playhouse Disney Original Series, it's the only one that i'm not sure if it will come to the service. Out of the Box has been confirmed for launch and PB&J Otter and Rolie Polie Olie (The latter is a Nelvana show, but Disney has the US Distribution rights) are inevitable since Disney still acknowledges them from time to time (Example: They've popped up on Disney Junior's On Demand service every now and then with the most recent occurrence being Early 2017). Bear is the only one left of those 4 that Disney USA hasn't acknowledged this decade.

With how it took 14 years for Disney to acknowledge "Out of the Box" again here in the US, I am really hoping they'll bring Bear to Disney+ soon. It's been 12 and a half years since they've last acknowledged it (It last aired in the US on May 6, 2007 and hasn't really been acknowledged by Disney since).