Why is Steve Whitmire the voice of Kermit?

That Announcer

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
The splintering of the JHC does make things sticky as to who can do what; but on topic; I think Steve's Ernie is wonderful. Did I read something somewhere that he's not doing Ernie anymore and that someone else is? Or was that false information? I was home sick last week and got a chance to watch the new SS, and both Ernie and Big Bird sounded a little different, not bad or off, just a little different.
It's not false information, depending on your choice of Sesame series. Johnny T did Ernie on PWMS, and by information received earlier, he was just a stand in because Steve couldn't do it. I do not see Steve dropping Ernie anytime soon.

MWoO

Reaction score
I think if you could combine Steve and John's Ernie you would have a perfect Ernie.

BEAR

Reaction score
I think Rick Lyon should perform Ernie (no offense to SW), but it makes more sense than John T. After all, just listen to Lyon's performance as Nicky in Avenue Q. Perfect!

Collgoff

Reaction score
In the Steve Witemire interfew Steve said the Jim Henson did thought that Steve would do Kermite but he thought of giving Steve another charter like a sidekick for Kermit but Jim died and I think that's how Steve Got to do Kermit the to this day.