Why is Steve Whitmire the voice of Kermit?

BEAR

Reaction score
Its true. When the show first started, the regular Muppet cast only consisted of Big Bird, Oscar, Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, and KERMIT. And for a long time and even now, Bert and Ernie hardly ever appear in street scenes. Doesn't mean you aren't a "regular".

Beauregard

Reaction score
MuppetCrazy said:
I would absolutely love it if you could send me a copy of the MP3 also!! :smile: I never even had the chance to see the show!
Sure thing. PM me your e-mail.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The splintering of the JHC does make things sticky as to who can do what; but on topic; I think Steve's Ernie is wonderful. Did I read something somewhere that he's not doing Ernie anymore and that someone else is? Or was that false information? I was home sick last week and got a chance to watch the new SS, and both Ernie and Big Bird sounded a little different, not bad or off, just a little different.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, Big Bird was most likely performed by Matt Vogel. Ernie did have a third performer (John Tatiagola), but he only performed Ernie on "Play With Me Sesame." As far as I know, Steve Whitmire is still performing Ernie on "Sesame Street."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Noel Blanc did Bugs Bunny once in a Tiny Tunes X-mas special for some reason. On the regular Tiny Tunes show Bugs and all of the characters were played by Jeff something. I forgot the whole name. He then quit or was fired for some weird reason. Since then the character got split up a bit with a few different people switching. I'm not really sure why WB didn't honor Mel Blanc's choice for a replacement. I guess after all those years it just didn't matter to them. He was just a voice artist to them.
By the way, the guy's name was Jeff Bergman. He did voice most of the Looney Tunes in the early 90s, but I hear he was fired since he had some ego problems.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh yes, I knew about Matt Vogel, I just forgot.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
MWoO said:
I'm not sure why it too longer to get Steve as Ernie on Sesame Street. Perhaps because Steve was not on Sesame Street before that. There also wasn't much of a need right away because they have a huge archive of Bert and Ernie sketches.
Yeah, I seem to remember reading that shortly after Henson's death, Frank Oz said they'd just reuse the old sketches. Obviously they changed their minds later...

MWoO

Reaction score
They really didn't need to make new ones. Perhaps it would be best to just reuse the old ones. They actually redid Rubber Ducky with Steve and a newer Ernie puppet (at least I think it was Steve) but they used the original sound track.

blackurth

Reaction score

I can't stand jeff bergmans bugs bunny,I have videos from the early 90's where he does daffy,bugs,elmer and many more AND THEY SUCK!!!!!his voice only has one tone for all the characters and his voice doesn't fluctuate it just sounds like he's reading the lines in a flat tone,every time I watch those videos I shreak!!!!