Why is Steve Whitmire the voice of Kermit?

MWoO

Reaction score
Well Kermit will probably never appear on the show again ever. He barely was on when Kermit was with JHC and Sesame Street was sold to Sesame Workshop. Now that Disney owns Kermit I doubt he will ever visit the street again. I do know that he was on a couple of times after Jim Henson died, but not nearly as much as before. A lot of his appearances on the show came from archive footage.

BEAR

Reaction score
That is very sad considering Kermit got his big start on Sesame Street. I mean, that is basically what launched him and in turn, i feel like Kermit helped launch Sesame Street. I would hope that Kermit will still make frequent appearances. He should be written into some street scenes.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I would hope that Kermit will still make frequent appearances. He should be written into some street scenes.
I don't think Disney would alow that to happend.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Simple they own him now, so why help other companies to make money by using their brand, even if it's for a non-profit organisation.

Have you ever seen other Disney characters appear on regualr basis in non Disney productions ?

BEAR

Reaction score
Yes, but Kermit is still a SS character, and I would think that Disney would allow Kermit to make guest cameos on SS. Many of the same people who work for the JHC still work for SS. So Kermit is owned by Disney, fine, but they can get a little bit of profit if SS hires Kermit for a couple episodes a season. I dunno!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kermit was more a special guest star on SS than being a part of SS. He hardly appeared ON the street at all. I doubt Sesame Workshop will be hiring Kermit any time soon, unfortunately. I miss the Sesame Street Newsflashes.

MWoO

Reaction score
I believe he started out on the actual street, but was soon put into skits. He was in al ot of them though. I remember him singing a good amount of songs. I still love carribean amphibian.

MuppetCrazy

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Do you have it? i can send you an Mp3 if you don't, Kev.
I would absolutely love it if you could send me a copy of the MP3 also!! :smile: I never even had the chance to see the show!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Kermit was more a special guest star on SS than being a part of SS. He hardly appeared ON the street at all. I doubt Sesame Workshop will be hiring Kermit any time soon, unfortunately. I miss the Sesame Street Newsflashes.
well i disagree there. in all the years i watched SS he seemed like a regualer Muppet to me unless the staff considered him to me a guest.. not all SS Muppets appeared in street segments.