Who's on your side?

superfan

Reaction score
Okay, we're all here because we love Jim Henson, his works, the music and so on....

In your own town (or city, whatever) do you have friends who share the same interest? Do you have friends you can go with to stores or second hand stores and search for collectibles?

or...

is this kind of your own private hobby that your other friends just don't quite get? They kinda look at you like...ummmm...riiight...Sesame Street...hhmmm.

Personally, I have one good friend in all this, who shares the same if not more passion of all things Henson. He and I have shopped together, call each other for the specific purpose to discuss all things Henson. My husband is reluctant to admit it, but a staunch supporter of the Sesame Street we all remember and has gone out to specifically look for Henson things for our daughter. Everyone else is a little "Okay, you're 29...grow up."

Your experiences? Tell all! Tell all!

gipsey muppet

Reaction score
you spent how much :eek: for what ? is the response we get from our community.
but i'm used to it. while we're not extreme henson collectors we are :flirt:
henson fans. i would like to have more muppet related materials to display in the shop where The Bus resides, expecially electric mayhem, MM and MFS related items. i'm currently building a couple of metal 8' forks to place in our road to help people locate The Bus. the reaction people have when we display The Bus publicly makes it all worthwhile. we live in the area near old route 66 and ocasionaly recieve visits from foreign travilers who are real muppet fans, :excited: we can get behind that.
roger and cindy

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really don't have anyone who likes Muppets or SS at all expect the little kids I see. I've always wanted to have a friend who likes Muppets and SS and other Muppet stuff but I really don't have anyone. There are some people that give me a hard time about collecting SS or Muppet stuff. I know there has to be someone out there that do like the Muppets. I just got to get out there and let people know that I love Muppets and stuff. My workers and bosses know all about me (most of me). But on what I love and don't like. Sometime there like you don't like that or you like that. All of them don't judge people tho'. I think? Oh well until I do find someone that does like the muppets I'll have to do it on my own for now. :smile:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I'm *sniff* all alone. I had a discussion a couple of years ago with a friend about Muppets From Space. He began quoting Pepe and saying how cool Pepe was. Flash forward to last Christmas. Remembering how he liked Pepe I bought the Palisades action figure for this same friend. When he opened it, he laughed but asked me, "What's his name again?" Grr.
I have another friend (a bachelor) who really is a Muppets fan. He just doesn't collect the stuff. I showed him my collection and he thought it was cool but said there was no way he could pull off Muppet collecting without chasing away women. Last Christmas I bought him a DVD copy of The Muppet Movie. He enjoyed that.

I love the idea for the 8' forks to mark the bus, gipsey muppet. It's very clever and it's one of my favorite Muppet sight gags.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Having spent years alone in my own crazy Muppet world, I finally married another Muppet nut. Not only did he grow up loving the Muppets, but he had a particular fondness for Kermit. As I did for Miss Piggy. It was a match made in Muppet heaven. :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
My art history professor loves the Muppets. :big_grin: She also loves quilting and German, two of my other intrests. My heart is gonna break when this class ends. :sympathy:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
No one I know likes the Muppets. In fact, my brother likes to make fun of me from time to time for liking them.

ryan

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I joined this forum because I was tired of having Muppets on the brain and no one to talk to about it. Thank you, Muppet Central, for providing a place to talk Muppets with other Muppet fans :flirt: . And thank you, Muppet fans, for talking to me. :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Whatever said:
*Looks around* Uh, was I talking to you?
J/K! :big_grin:
I'm usually stuck with talking to the television set. Dang tv. is always talking back to me...

ryan