WHOO HOO! VOLS FANS REJOICE!!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What, I'm a vols fan, and have not heard anything about this. Here is an article about the firing:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...kiffin-20130929,0,7787298.story#axzz2gHsoOLo7

Now I really don't see what this has to do with the Vols. The last thing that Tennessee needs is a new coach. After a sloppy win against South Alabama yesterday, we need to keep the coach as long as he dose not make any more dumb calls. Like on 3rd and goal, throwing the football, so the other team can pick off the ball. Which they did!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm surprised USC fired Kiffin in mid-season like this, even though they're 0-2 in the Pac-12. Still, Kiffin will surely be on someone's sideline next year as an assistant.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You can only put blame on a coach so much though. Yes they are the ones that call most of the shots, but they are not on the field every week taking hits ether.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The last thing that Tennessee needs is a new coach.
Tell me about it, they keep going through new coaches, I've lost count of all the coaches they've had just in the last few years.

Interestingly enough, Bruce Pearl actually became VICE PRESIDENT (in charge of marketing) for a company my dad used to drive for years ago.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow that is interesting. Are you a big fan, of the Vols D'snowth, I know you live near Knoxville do you go to any games?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said before, I'm not too much of a sports person myself, but I do kind of keep up with what goes on around here in K-Town, and I just remember specifically learning about Bruce Pearl becoming marketing VP for the H.T. Hackney company, because my family and I were just shaking our heads over that, lol.

Interestingly enough, remember that whole "butt chugging" incident at the U.T. campus not too long ago? That was actually featured on an episode of WORLD'S DUMBEST... on truTV earlier this year.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
As I've said before, I'm not too much of a sports person myself, but I do kind of keep up with what goes on around here in K-Town, and I just remember specifically learning about Bruce Pearl becoming marketing VP for the H.T. Hackney company, because my family and I were just shaking our heads over that, lol.

Interestingly enough, remember that whole "butt chugging" incident at the U.T. campus not too long ago? That was actually featured on an episode of WORLD'S DUMBEST... on truTV earlier this year.
Wait woah. You live near Knoxville. Dude! I was born there! Actually I was there yesterday! Do you know where Jellico is?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wait woah. You live near Knoxville. Dude! I was born there! Actually I was there yesterday! Do you know where Jellico is?
I think I have heard of it.. I'm not from Knox but about an hour east from there in small area called the tri-cities.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I don't live near Knoxville, I live IN Knoxville: specifically the Fountain City area for a while, though unfortunately, I now live in the ghetto known as the Belle Morris area.

I do know where Jellico is, though I've never been there... the only other places I've been in the state outside K-town are Farragut, Seymour, Servierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Oak Ridge, Chattanooga, Lebanon, and Nashville.