WHOO HOO! VOLS FANS REJOICE!!

Teheheman

Reaction score
What, I'm a vols fan, and have not heard anything about this. Here is an article about the firing:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...kiffin-20130929,0,7787298.story#axzz2gHsoOLo7

Now I really don't see what this has to do with the Vols. The last thing that Tennessee needs is a new coach. After a sloppy win against South Alabama yesterday, we need to keep the coach as long as he dose not make any more dumb calls. Like on 3rd and goal, throwing the football, so the other team can pick off the ball. Which they did!
The only reason this has to do with the Vols is the fact that Lane Kiffin left after 1 year to take a better job. He probably did what a LOT of college coaches do and tell the kids "No, I'm not leaving, I'm staying for the long haul" and all the time they're in talks with another team and then has a press conference saying they're going to Notre Dame as their coach with the players having no idea.............sorry, still a little cheesed about Brian Kelly lol.

Daniel

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The only reason this has to do with the Vols is the fact that Lane Kiffin left after 1 year to take a better job. He probably did what a LOT of college coaches do and tell the kids "No, I'm not leaving, I'm staying for the long haul" and all the time they're in talks with another team and then has a press conference saying they're going to Notre Dame as their coach with the players having no idea.............sorry, still a little cheesed about Brian Kelly lol.

Daniel
Same thing with me and Randy Edsall, lol. He crept out on a plane after the 2010 Fiesta Bowl and didn't even address the team to say he was leaving. Since he left for Maryland we've been run into the ground by Paul Pasqualoni and his 1970s offense. I'd take Lane Kiffin over Pasqualoni any day, lol.

Teheheman

Reaction score
At least he actually coached in the Bowl game. Brian Kelly kept saying he wasn't gonna leave, told his players he was staying, and then, he left after telling his players he was gone at the end of their postseason banquet. I respect ANY college coach that decides to take another job but says "I'm gonna stay and at least coach the bowl game".

Daniel

charlietheowl

Reaction score
At least he actually coached in the Bowl game. Brian Kelly kept saying he wasn't gonna leave, told his players he was staying, and then, he left after telling his players he was gone at the end of their postseason banquet. I respect ANY college coach that decides to take another job but says "I'm gonna stay and at least coach the bowl game".

Daniel
Yeah, a lot of coaches bail before the bowl game. Northern Illinois' coach did that last year to take the NC State job, and he left before a BCS game! I couldn't believe he left before the BCS game, I would think that all the work that it takes to take a MAC team to the BCS would make you want to stick around for the end result, but I guess not.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of coaches bail before the bowl game. Northern Illinois' coach did that last year to take the NC State job, and he left before a BCS game! I couldn't believe he left before the BCS game, I would think that all the work that it takes to take a MAC team to the BCS would make you want to stick around for the end result, but I guess not.
Well, the thing is that recruiting is almost YEAR ROUND now and there's no time for any coach to actually finish their season with a bowl game.

Daniel

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Well, the thing is that recruiting is almost YEAR ROUND now and there's no time for any coach to actually finish their season with a bowl game.

Daniel
I understand that, I would just think that with all the extra effort it takes to get a non-qualifier in the BCS, you would want to stick around for the end result. It's like building yourself a new building and then not sticking around for the ribbon-cutting ceremony. I could honestly see leaving early if you're going to play in the Las Vegas Car Care Bowl or something like that, but the Orange Bowl is huge. Maybe he thought he'd never have a better chance to move up, and couldn't take the chance to wait until next season.