Who wants the future Muppet movies to be...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just jaded because I'm a gamer, and I stare at CGI graphics too much, but no matter how you slice it, CGI looks BAD against a set with living people. Its jarring. I even went back to damage my brain with the Ted trailer to take a look at the CGI. Its good, I'll give it that, but I can still tell its CGI.

However, I am not against CGI. There are some great all CGI movies. But CGI is just nothing special these days when companies overkill it. Scott Pilgrim had the best use of CGI I have seen in a movie in years.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
No! NO! NOOOO! Without puppets, where is the charm in making new mechanisms like eyebrow movements? And the satisfaction of turning a piece of felt into something grand? Sure, you can design your own CGI characters, but as Jason said, you can't hug it. You can't talk with someone in CGI. I mean, what would you rather do, talk to an animation on a screen, or a Muppet sitting next to you? I rest my case... :wink:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Actually, in many cases where a human actor is interacting with a cgi character, some kind of "prop" is used for the actor to interact with so that the eye placement is correct and so the actor isn't talking to nothing. Many times its some kind of rudimentary puppet that is edited out.

caper

Reaction score
Just Imagine Fozzie Bear with this effect:

:smile:

Mind you, they would still look like puppets like the video above.