Who wants the future Muppet movies to be...

Hubert

Reaction score
I don't see why people think CGI is the devil on these forums. Face it, its good when used purposefully.
I don't think the majority of us do think CGI is the devil. I actually really like CGI, and I think it's a great thing, as long as it's used properly...the Muppets in CGI = not being used properly. But there are a ton of great uses for CGI.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Where is that performance capture clip of Kermit and Rizzo in CG? Does anybody remember that? Someone posted that like 10 years ago. It was odd.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I just saw the pictures people were referring to from Muppet Fest and I still stand by my opinion.

Beauregard

Reaction score
No, just no.

One of the core things that seperates the Muppets from any other entertainment property is that they exist in REAL LIFE and we believe they are real. So much of their comedy, if nothing else, revolves around this fact. But also, their improvisational skills, heart, warmth and uniqueness stems from their Puppetry.

No way.

mo

Reaction score
WHAT! no! just no! the muppets are puppets! there the only thing left in classic entertainment that I like! evrything is CGI now all the upcoming disney movies...and that stuff! I don't like the look of that movie mainly because I see it evrytime I go to the movies! pleez....pleeze....please! don't make the muppets CGI!!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Put it this way, I'd like to see the Muppets as puppets replaced with CGI about as much as I would my own family. They have flaws, could have a few rough edges smoothed out with pixels but I wouldn't have them any other way! Leave CGI for Dinosaurs, Robots and Aliens! I personally feel CGI is the tool of the devil in a lot of peoples hands and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overused!

caper

Reaction score
Wow, ok so i'm the minority :embarrassed:

I know I don't want a "digitize" muppets either. I don't want them looking like PIXAR characters.

But TED does not look like CGI or digitized.....he actually looks like a REAL furry Life Like Stuffed animal in a REAL world. That is what I meant about CGI.....I don't want the Muppets to be CGI like Shrek, Kung-Fu Panda, or Toy Story.

They would still look like the actual Muppets with CGI animatronics like Ted.

Actually the new Muppets already went on that direction. Rememeber when they kidnapped Jack Black....Swedish Chef was CGI on that scene. And Walter was also CGI when they showed his full body walking on the sink.

:wink: