Where's The Old School People At?(1998-2002)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know something? I'm wondering if perhaps this should be merged with the MC Revival thread, it seems to be taking a similar direction.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I remember a lot of members from after that like DandanStrawberry, Uncle Deadly (he was Irish), Kimp the Shrimp, the infamous bobhopesite, and some others that just aren't coming to mind or I can only remember their real names. Byron, chilliedown, Jackie, scarecroe... they were all fading out when my class came in, but they hung around a bit and were like the MC Legends who I looked at like mini-celebrities.

Aaron

Reaction score
I've logged here nearly everyday since September 2002.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember a lot of members from after that like DandanStrawberry, Uncle Deadly (he was Irish), Kimp the Shrimp, the infamous bobhopesite, and some others that just aren't coming to mind or I can only remember their real names. Byron, chilliedown, Jackie, scarecroe... they were all fading out when my class came in, but they hung around a bit and were like the MC Legends who I looked at like mini-celebrities.
Kimp the Shrimp has always been notorious for taken extended leaves of absence... then will return unexpectedly with a world newsflash: "OMG! CAN YOU BELIEVE KIMP THE SHRIMP IS BACK? ! ?" Everytime.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Snowthers, I'm totally with you...Can we PLEASE have some representation from the Toga, the Prawn, the Vibsa and the Pepper?
Hey, I'm still here! Sort of. Ish. A bit. It's just that I went and got a life at this "college" place... But I HAVE been hanging out here a little more lately. If only because I really don't want to read post-modern theory...

But when I first joined, it was all about Beau and christyb and several others who've slipped away in all their muffining glory. I recall spending a lot of time under the backseat of a hijacked Electric Mayhem bus back then... And then I developed a habit of hiding under a rock. I spent a LOT of time under that rock, too.

I still hang out under a rock. It's just a different rock now.

Fraggle Rock.

beaker

Reaction score
I'm still never quite sure if I fit with the oldies, since I only ever lurked on Delphi and I was one of the annoying-young-bouncy ones for the longest time before I really found my feet. I remember I used to follow Jackie and Emmy and Luke around the site like a lost puppy.

I remember there being a time when even you, Beaker, and Dr Tooth and Luke were almost completely absent! So nice to have you guys back.

Snowthers, I'm totally with you...Can we PLEASE have some representation from the Toga, the Prawn, the Vibsa and the Pepper?
Oh you're DEFINITELY old school/1st gen/first wave MC'er if you remember Delphi, the muffin girl gang, etc.

Yeah I kind of was absent during the Muppets 'lost' period after Disney's buyout. Not much really happened between 2004 and most of 2008.

Ha, I remember epic pseudo feuds with Luke; though we always made up. If DWMkim is the wise gandolf yoda of MC, I see Luke as the Leonardo Turtle/Capt Kirk/Kermit.

Some of them have probably moved on to the Tough Pigs forum, but i couldn't say for sure since TP still uses Delphi and Delphi and Webtv have been incompatable for several years now so i can't participate there to where i could see how many people we miss can be found there or not.

It's a good thing MC made the move away from Delphi in 02 or i'd really be lost! Still bums me out that all the old archives from Delphi are now lost forever.
I'm sure like a lot of longtime posters I was banned from Tough Pigs for ideological differences. But I will say that TP's creation of the Muppet Wiki is one of the single most valuable things in Muppet fandom that exists. And it's good there's more than MC. The Muppet Mindset is an extremely good source, picking up where Muppet Newsflash left off.

As for the archives...I'd be mortified at the immaturity of my posts(as well as some of my posts after the 02 switch) Though indeed, I'm sure there's a wealth of info there. It'd be funny to remember what life was like back then in 1998/1999 when the net was still in its infancy, cellphones werent ubiquitous and video stores/vhs rental was still big.

beaker

Reaction score
WHOAH! Yes...

I totally remember Chillie Down. I remember hanging with him and DW at Muppetfest. Totally remember Byron, Scott Scarecroe, etc. (Scarecroe I believe is one of the main contributors to the great Muppet wiki)

Hehe, "MC Legends". I dig. Thanks for remembering those.

Outside the TKO cas too, lol.

I haven't seen, nor heard from the likes of Caroline, Faylo, superfan, anythingmuppet, Dan-Dan the Strawberry Man, or others in quite a while.
Holy tamole, I remember some of those!

I also remember(see if I remember correctly) Muppetquilter,
that one top poster obsessed with Janice, Gorgon Trashheap,
Clueless_Morgan, Traveling Matt, etc. DW's right, some of them may be on TP. A lot probably just moved on.

I wonder if there's a roll call of all the posters who still post on here that was back here?

Also, I remember a bunch of 2002-2004 posters, though for some reason Dr Tooth is the only one I recall. Wait, I vaguely remember others. SarahY something, err...cartoon militia,
Sarah on Broadway, the prwncracker(oh wait he's still here thankfully)

waving I'm here! I remember the Delphi days!:smile: My screen name was KPH_2000.(What was I thinking?:rolleyes: )
Hey! Cool to see ya still around:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
From what I can recall:

The 1998-2002 roll call:

Phil
Cindy
Frogboy
Warrick
Jogchem
Kevin/Mully
Luke
DW Mckim
Jackie
Emma
Janicefan(was that Byron?)
Scarecroe
ChillieDown
KPH_2000
Danny
Smiglio
Traveling Matt
Caroline
me(though I forget my own name on there)
the guy who ran kermitage
Beauregard(dont know what your name was on there tho!)
...missing a zillion people on here. memory failing:frown:

So many I can barely remember. I think there was several Travis', a few Matts and at least a couple of Kevins.

I'd make a roll call for the 2002-2004 period, but again a lot of the handles/names have slipped my mind sadly.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I was post-Delphi but joined in 2002. Haven't been around too much lately but feeling a bit nostalgic today and thought I'd drop in. MC sure is a fun place to hang out! :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was post-Delphi but joined in 2002. Haven't been around too much lately but feeling a bit nostalgic today and thought I'd drop in. MC sure is a fun place to hang out! :smile:
Whoa, now here's a mug even I remember from way back when, lol.