Where's the love for Rocky and Bullwinkle?

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Honestly, I never really cared for the show, and seeing that horrible CGI/live-action movie from 2000 didn't help.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I used to watch the old show, too, and still didn't particularly care for it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When I watch the original show it just amazes me how it managed to talk to the times it was made, yet still remains very relevant today.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just remembered something about the movie that I had forgotten about: The credits list "stunt voices" for Rocky. What's a stunt voice for? Were there lines June Foray either couldn't do well or refused to say? I can see actors needing stunt double but voice actors?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just remembered something about the movie that I had forgotten about: The credits list "stunt voices" for Rocky. What's a stunt voice for? Were there lines June Foray either couldn't do well or refused to say? I can see actors needing stunt double but voice actors?
I'm thinking the former, considering I'm sure as you get older and as you age, there are certain things you can't do as well as you used to when you're younger, and that can include voices... believe me, when I was younger, I could really do some great falscetto voices, pretty much lik Elmo, but once I grew into my voice, it's really difficult for me to do higher voices... I'm sure some of the more shrilly moments for Rocky in the movie they had do get someone else to do the lines, considering I think June Foray was already into her 70s/80s when they did the movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The movie tried... then it got studio meddling to force a female lead into the movie that made the project clumsy and klunky...

this is the best way to put it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2baJU2uWNo

The REAL stink fest was the lame Dudley Do-Right movie that tried oh so hard to be the George of the Jungle movie (which was brilliantly done, re-imagining the project WITHOUT killing the spirit... too bad the new GOTJ cartoon didn't bother with that), it took place currently, Nell was just poorly executed by writers and actress (I love Sarah and her husband Mathew... but they SUCK at being cartoon characters). The Peabody and Sherman movie intrigues me, but I doubt it will really get made... even if it does, doesn't sound all that good. HOPEFULLY they watched the first episode and don't attempt to make up their own idiotic origin story. On the plus side, Peabody and Sherman Happy Meal.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still, you'd think someone would license T-Shirts by now.