Where is the Muppet Theater located?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Oh believe me Beth C., it's veeeeeery cold here in "Sunny" California! Hee-hee. Although I do live in the Northern region of the state, it does get quite cold down around the L.A. area. I lived in Bakersfield for almost 3 years, and it was as freezing as anywhere during the winter months!
You bet it gets cold here! It doesn't normally snow where I live, but it can get quite close to it.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
On account of TMM,in my mind the theatre would be located in LA.However,because Sesame Street was and still is made in New York,in my mind New York is where the Sesame Street neighborhood is located.But the Muppet Theatre location causes some confusion.The Muppet Show debuted three years before The Muppet Movie,and as mentioned earlier,was made in England.Therefor before TMM people might have assumed the theatre was simply located in England.As mentioned earlier,A Very Merry Muppet Christmas suggests that the theatre is nowhere near Hollywood.The same can be said about a cartoon storybook I once saw that involved the muppets at their theatre.I can't remember the name of the book,but Scooter's uncle even had an appearance in it.In the book there were some scenes that took place just outside the theatre.The outdoor scenery looked like London England.In TMM we never even saw the Muppet Theatre.TMM was made in Hollywood.Perhaps different studios have a different perspective of muppet history.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I had never really thought about it, but I would probably say it was located in Hollywood.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'd say it's definately in England. It was actually filmed there, it had a boatload of British guest stars, and a notable number of random Muppets had British accents.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's in Washington DC area. Where does the "spiral" end in Muppets From Space? That's where the Boarding House is, and even the Muppets aren't silly enough to own a boarding house that far away from the theater (see?). There, they are in a locale basically middle of the country on the east coast, which isn't too far away from Kermit's Greenville, MS, home swamp. Also, he can jet-jump (heh) to New York or California, or Florida no problem. After all, there is an international airport there.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beth, I may be able to get you a screencap, but not for a few days.

Beth C

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Beth, I may be able to get you a screencap, but not for a few days.

Okay, that is fine. I sure wish I had that capability.

If it's possible, could you also get a screencap of the scene in Piggy's apartment when she tells kermit that she is ugly and he reaches a hand to comfort her? Man there are so many good scenes in that movie that jump out at you. I'd be going nuts with pics!

~Beth C