Where is the Muppet Theater located?

Beth C

Reaction score
This is puzzling me. In Very Merry Muppet Christmas, Kermit walks outside and it's snowing. The Muppet Theater has to be someplace cold then, but I always thought it was in California - they made a BIG DEAL about going to Broadway in Muppets Take Manhattan.

Kermit moves to Hollywood from the swamp in The Muppet Movie, so I always thought it was somewhere nearby, but the outside of the theater in IAVMMC speaks differently.

So where is the theater?

Anyone?

~Beth C

By the way, can someone get me a screencap of the image of the outside of the theater in that movie?? It's about the ONLY time we ever see it in 25+ years.

Thanks!

T

timrikthegorf

I always assumed it was in New York. The Jim Henson brown stone is in NY, so I figured it was here to. Somewhere way off broadway.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
That is a good question. I never really thought about it much but I think in the back of my mind I always thought of it being in England because thats where the Muppet Show was filmed but that wouldn't make sense since none of the Muppets have English accents nor is there any mention of English stuff. I also kinda thought of it being in Hollywood because of TMM but like you said IAVMMCM makes that untrue. Basically I'm no help because I don't know either. Maybe it's like the Simpsons where nobody knows where Springfield is. It's one of those mysteries of life. :confused:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Beth C said:
In Very Merry Muppet Christmas, Kermit walks outside and it's snowing. The Muppet Theater has to be someplace cold then, but I always thought it was in California.
Oh believe me Beth C., it's veeeeeery cold here in "Sunny" California! Hee-hee. Although I do live in the Northern region of the state, it does get quite cold down around the L.A. area. I lived in Bakersfield for almost 3 years, and it was as freezing as anywhere during the winter months!

Up here where I live, we haven't got our big snow of the year yet, but it's coming.

Anyway, back to your original question, in my mind the Muppet Theater is in L.A., Hollywood area around Burbank or somewhere...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I wondered about that too. I know the "Muppet Show" was filmed in England, but in general it doesn't seem like that's where the Muppet Show takes place. Maybe it's in New York, so Kermit can hop back and forth from "Sesame Street" to "The Muppet Show." Just a thought.

Beth C

Reaction score
Wow.. I never thought one place could be located in so many minds differently.

Can anyone get me a screencap from IAVMMC of the outside of the theater?

~Beth C

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Beth C said:
Can anyone get me a screencap from IAVMMC of the outside of the theater?
~Beth C
I downloaded a picture a while back, but I don't remember from where, but I have it with me now and I can send it to you if you like.

Beth C

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I downloaded a picture a while back, but I don't remember from where, but I have it with me now and I can send it to you if you like.

Please do!!! Thank you!!! Trekie386@aol.com

~Beth C

Beth C

Reaction score
Thanks! If anyone else has any other Muppet Theater pics - either inside or outside - please send to me!!! I'm working hard on the Xmas fanfic, and the pictures do help!!!!

~Beth C