Where are the older humans?

wiley207

Reaction score
That really sucks they've cut back on the human cast. They even got rid of some of the more newer human characters like Leela!
It won't be the same without the human cast I grew up with. Sure, Mr. Hooper and David were already dead when I was watching the show as a tot, but we still had Gordon, Susan, Luis, Maria, Bob, Gina and Linda, and during that time there was also Mr. Handford, Lillian and Savion.

Censored

Reaction score
That really sucks they've cut back on the human cast. They even got rid of some of the more newer human characters like Leela!
It won't be the same without the human cast I grew up with. Sure, Mr. Hooper and David were already dead when I was watching the show as a tot, but we still had Gordon, Susan, Luis, Maria, Bob, Gina and Linda, and during that time there was also Mr. Handford, Lillian and Savion.
But according to SW, the 3 were "never fired."

Oscarfan

Reaction score
At last, we get closure!

In this interview with Bob McGrath, he states that he, Roscoe and Emilio met with Jeffery Dunn as was originally stated. He says that they will not be returning to the actual show, but they (and presumably Sonia Manzano and Alison Bartlett, possibly Loretta Long) will be part of some sort of upcoming SST "celebration". He also said that they will be involved in the planning process for the show's 50th anniversary:

http://www.mywebtimes.com/news/loca...cle_02c3841d-016c-5168-ba9c-fdfdef8c165c.html

While it's a little sad that they won't be on the show anymore, I completely understand it. But, hey, at least the ole' guys will still be involved with the show in some way. Here's hoping that they all get cameos in the 50th anniversary special!

As for Loretta and Alison, I highly doubt they'd stay on the show either, especially not Loretta. As Bob said in his original statement, all of the cast members are gone except for Alan Muraoka, Chris Knowings and Suki Lopez.
That's nice to know. I read that they're doing prepping on other things to gear up for the 50th anniversary of the organization (not just the show, remember that).

Censored

Reaction score
At last, we get closure!

In this interview with Bob McGrath, he states that he, Roscoe and Emilio met with Jeffery Dunn as was originally stated. He says that they will not be returning to the actual show, but they (and presumably Sonia Manzano and Alison Bartlett, possibly Loretta Long) will be part of some sort of upcoming SST "celebration". He also said that they will be involved in the planning process for the show's 50th anniversary:

http://www.mywebtimes.com/news/loca...cle_02c3841d-016c-5168-ba9c-fdfdef8c165c.html

While it's a little sad that they won't be on the show anymore, I completely understand it. But, hey, at least the ole' guys will still be involved with the show in some way. Here's hoping that they all get cameos in the 50th anniversary special!

As for Loretta and Alison, I highly doubt they'd stay on the show either, especially not Loretta. As Bob said in his original statement, all of the cast members are gone except for Alan Muraoka, Chris Knowings and Suki Lopez.
It would have been beyond ironic if they had fired Sonia Manzano:

Sonia Manzano: “‘Sesame Street’ allowed me to do an unmentionable in American society: Age publicly,” she told Archive of American Television. “We were never made to look the same or maintain the same persona. So as we grew and our lives changed, our characters changed, especially Maria.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...well-to-sesame-street/?utm_term=.e98e72d50d24

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would have been beyond ironic if they had fired Sonia Manzano:
Now there, remarkable, is something that we can actually agree on. While it's been confirmed many times by many sources (including Sonia herself), her departure from SST was of her own volition and willpower . . . but the fact that they immediately brought in a much younger Latina castmember in the wake of her depature leads me to believe that's not entirely the case, since this is a common occurence in show business, especially when it comes to women.

Censored

Reaction score
Now there, remarkable, is something that we can actually agree on. While it's been confirmed many times by many sources (including Sonia herself), her departure from SST was of her own volition and willpower . . . but the fact that they immediately brought in a much younger Latina castmember in the wake of her depature leads me to believe that's not entirely the case, since this is a common occurence in show business, especially when it comes to women.
Apparently when it comes to anyone.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I don't even think Loretta's been on the show in the last few years.
Well, her most recent appearance was in season 45, in that season and the 44th, she was only a background character and only appeared in one episode. And in season 43 she made no appearances at all, which was odd considering she seemed to have been making a comeback in season 42, when she not only was in four episodes but she actually had lines in all of them.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
At last, we get closure!

That's about how I figured it would probably all play out. While we older fans will certainly miss them, at least they're not forgotten. Also good to see that Mr. McGrath isn't showing any bitterness toward the whole situation.

That said, SW better keep their promise to keep them involved in the anniversary stuff.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Sorry for being a negative Nancy but, isn't the 50th anniversary in two years away maybe one of the cast members that were recently let go could passed away in two years, so we should not get our hopes really high yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The way Season 46 got delayed because of the sudden HBO deal and everything, I'm actually quite curious as to what will be done regarding Season 50: will it come early 2020, or will they try to do like they did with Season 40 and start airing it in November 2019? I guess we won't know until it gets closer to time.