When you need to rant...

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I just can't stand it when lik you re into a fandom and you interprite a character a certain way that is different from other people and they like jump on you about it and act as if you are some kind of idiot for thinking the way ou do about that person r they accuse you of being something you're not just because you are writing a not so nice character IN CHARACTER! I've written stories whee I have made a rather sexist character IN CHARACTER and I got accused of being sexist and hating women because I made the character in character! First off I am a woman and second I don't hate woman! How can I hate something I am myself? And what o they want me to do? Make the character a person for women's rights and stuff when they are clearly Not?! Unless I am writing a comedy and deliberatly writing someone OOC I try my best to keep characters IN CHARACTER No matter HOW sexist they are!
I think it's unfair to accuse me of something I am not because of how I write the character...

Harleena

Reaction score
Why on earth do people always get on me about watching anime dubbed? I prefer to watch my anime, not read it! Dear Hetalia fangirls: watch a few dubbed episodes. Just try it. The dub is actually funnier, in my opinion. I'll admit, there were some moments of various anime that were better subbed, like for example Panty and Stocking "DIETO!?!" (a common source of YTPs, just not as common as Spongebob clips and Cdi Zelda) and England's demon-summoning song (the dub replaced it with a dumb chant) and Mami Tomoe saying "We have no choice but to die" (really, I expected a bit more feeling), but there are some moments that are better dubbed. For example, every word out of the narrator's mouth in Hetalia ("Polish horses never charged German tanks at the battle---right, anime fans…Germany invaded Poland in '39---right, American fans…Poland is a country! In Europe!"), Sayaka losing it in Madoka Magica (she sounds much more sad in the dub), and "Carry On" from Sailor Moon (much better battle song than Moonlight Densetsu, in my opinion). Although I do love "Moonlight Densetsu". That song is my jam.
Moonlight Densetsu (from the Japanese version):
Carry On (from the dub):
England's Demon Summoning Song (Japanese):
England's Chant (dub):
Sorry it's so low quality. That's the best I could find. I can't find the English scenes of Mami Tomoe or Panty and Stocking, and Sayaka's scene is too much of a spoiler for a really good anime.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Two rants here.

Whatever case anyone can make about the Confederate Flag, be it a racist symbol or a symbol of Southern Pride, how come NO ONE is willing to mention the obvious. It's an UnAmerican symbol of treason. In the whole debate about it being a historic symbol, why isn't anyone willing to say it's a symbol of something not to be historically proud of? Sure, it is indeed being used as a racist symbol, and the only reason it was flying above American government buildings was inexcusably a racist gesture (it gained a resurgence of popularity just as the Civil Rights marches started, you know, to tell African Americans what their place was). And it's supposedly used as a symbol for hate by Neo-Nazis in European countries that banned the swastika. But my main case is that you can't display or even defend the flag and be a true American. And the real mindscrew is that certain Republicans are defending the darn thing (certain other ones are working to get rid of it, so it's not the entire party to blame here). If we're talking historical context, the Republican party was founded to crush the Confederacy. There is historical context in having it in museums and history books... but read the darn books to realize why it's a bad thing. History is there to remember how humanity made horrible mistakes and to try and learn from them.

By all means, I am totally in favor of removing the flag from hanging proudly in front of government buildings. because, remember, it's an UNAmerican symbol. If morbidly obese 40 year old white d-bags with no sense of self realization want to wear XXXXXXXXL flag shirts and have flag mudflaps and other classy flag memorabilia, it's their right. If anyone takes that away from them they'll become those obnoxious "WAAAAAAA!!! Dey takin' muh freedom" babies. We should leave them completely alone and let them wallow in their self-righteous cloud of entitlement.

Rant number two.

School shootings... racist moron shoots up a church. No discussion about gun control, racism, mental health because that would be politically charged. Sit back and enjoy it repeating. Single Latino guy (to be fair has been in and out of prison forever a failing of the legal system) shoots single white woman... ARRRRGHH!!!! DEPORT THE MEXYKANS! DEY TOOK URR JERBS! DOOK ERRR JERRRRRS!!! DONALD TRUMP IS RIGHT AND THEY'RE ALL CRIMINALS 'N RAPISTS!!!!!

...yeah.

mr3urious

Reaction score
By all means, I am totally in favor of removing the flag from hanging proudly in front of government buildings. because, remember, it's an UNAmerican symbol. If morbidly obese 40 year old white d-bags with no sense of self realization want to wear XXXXXXXXL flag shirts and have flag mudflaps and other classy flag memorabilia, it's their right. If anyone takes that away from them they'll become those obnoxious "WAAAAAAA!!! Dey takin' muh freedom" babies. We should leave them completely alone and let them wallow in their self-righteous cloud of entitlement.
And I'm totally in favor of Mississippi changing its flag to something more akin to the Magnolia Flag. If Georgia can eliminate that rebel design, so can they.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I guess I am the only one here who does not see ANYTHING wrong with a historical piece of history being flown. Yeah I know I'll get hate for it but I don't care. I think the flag should be left alone. It's not hurting anybody and it's part of southern heritage. Nobody cared about that flag being flown until that stupid jerk shot up that church and the media began obsessing with that flag. and NO I am not from the south. I am from Pennsylvania and I DON'T CARE if southern states have the flag! They have every right to fly it!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
School shootings... racist moron shoots up a church. No discussion about gun control, racism, mental health because that would be politically charged. Sit back and enjoy it repeating. Single Latino guy (to be fair has been in and out of prison forever a failing of the legal system) shoots single white woman... ARRRRGHH!!!! DEPORT THE MEXYKANS! DEY TOOK URR JERBS! DOOK ERRR JERRRRRS!!! DONALD TRUMP IS RIGHT AND THEY'RE ALL CRIMINALS 'N RAPISTS!!!!!

...yeah.
Donald Trump really destroyed the last tiny shreds of his credibility with those idiotic comments. He lost his ties with NBC, Univision, whatever pageant he was working with, Macy's, and a lot of groups that were having events at his golf courses/hotels. All because he needs to be in the press so badly that he thought running for president was a way to boost his brand.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess I am the only one here who does not see ANYTHING wrong with a historical piece of history being flown. Yeah I know I'll get hate for it but I don't care. I think the flag should be left alone. It's not hurting anybody and it's part of southern heritage. Nobody cared about that flag being flown until that stupid jerk shot up that church and the media began obsessing with that flag. and NO I am not from the south. I am from Pennsylvania and I DON'T CARE if southern states have the flag! They have every right to fly it!
You don't get my point, and frankly it's that part of the debate I don't care much for. Know what else was a part of history? Us being a colony of Britain. Why aren't there any British flags flying over American government buildings? Hmmm... That's right. They aren't the American government. So isn't the Confederacy.

I LOVE the "it's historical" excuse. That's grade A bull. Yeah. it is historical. Historical in a "this was the worst thing to happen to the fledgling nation ever" way. It's an embarrassing symbol of treason. Remember, they wanted to pull out of the US because waaaaaa! They couldn't have their precious slaves. And frankly, considering they had to feed them, house them, and buy them (not to mention paying jerks to hunt them down if they escaped), that's actually LESS cheap than hiring them for a crappy wage and letting them fend for themselves like now times. Nope. It was about dominance and fear. Why on Earth should the AMERICAN government fly an enemy flag in front of their buildings? It doesn't make any conceivable sense. Even with the "let's intimidate black people for daring to have rights" crap from the 1960's that brought that piece of crap back. The flag should never be flown at a government building. There's a LOT the south can be proud of (racism isn't exactly exclusive to them), just not that time in the 1800's where they turned into spoiled little brats because they weren't getting their way. And I'm still shocked members of the party that was established exclusively to take them out is defending that.

Lovingly ignoring my point about private usage, I'll reiterate. If some dipstick out of absolute ignorance or not giving a frig wants to look like a tacky moron with that flag, it's their right. Just like it's everyone else's right to call them out on being a self entitled, arrogant, stubborn, mentally a spoiled five year old child doofus they are on it. The Union won the war. Get over it. Let it die.

That said, even I find the whole thing about Dukes of Hazard a little extreme. Can't they just use a cheated angle on the General Lee on T-shirts and stuff? That should be grandfathered in on account of the fact that it was a bunch of Hollywood types cashing in off the Southern Chic fad of the 70's and going for stereotypical imagery.

Donald Trump really destroyed the last tiny shreds of his credibility with those idiotic comments. He lost his ties with NBC, Univision, whatever pageant he was working with, Macy's, and a lot of groups that were having events at his golf courses/hotels. All because he needs to be in the press so badly that he thought running for president was a way to boost his brand.
Trump's Trump. I love how everyone's calling him out on racism now instead of that whole "Birther" nonsense. That's for bitter conspiracy nuts, not passive aggressive "WAAAA! I have to pay taxes now" types. It's easy to call him out on everything, but that's just it. It's easy.

My problem wasn't so much him, but every time one person dies because of an Illegal immigrant it's louder and more important than any of the issues facing every other homicide in the country. Not saying there shouldn't be some comprehensive legislation about immigration here, but when they simplify the conversation down to "brown people are bad, they're taking your jerbs, and all driving drunk and shooting people up" they show signs of hypocrisy and racism that helps destroy their own cause. No one wants to go into the hows and whys. Just simplify the conversation to angry up angry old entitled guys about how their sweet sweet 10 cents a week fruit picking jobs are being taken, all the while ignoring the fact their jobs are being shipped to Mexico because that would be like an extra 50 cents per lightbulb or something.

The thing that sickened me to the core was last year when all these kids were coming over to escape the drug cartels and the nasty comments kept coming from pundits and radio shock jocks. My favorite? "They should all say we're terribly sorry and go home," says the sheltered fat 50 year old white man paid to whine. Uh... last time I checked, our crappy, panicky, Dudley Do-Right meets Inspector Clouseau Regan era War on Drugs (that said far righters support) essentially strengthened the cartels, causing South America to turn into the movie Scarface essentially creating these refugees. So we're absolutely happy with clumsy legislation that doesn't fix the problem (not even close), but when we actually face the consequences of it boo hoo it's everyone's fault but ours.

So yeah. Trump can say all the "I'm not racist" racist stuff he wants. He's in his own little world where he lacks any self awareness of any kind. he actually said something that can damage himself. Sure. But why are we screaming at him for being him when we're saying nothing of the culture of imaginary conspiracy theory "news" and big fat radio jerks who have to be jerks to remain relevant in an outdated medium essentially radicalizing angry, uninformed people to be angry at the wrong people? They're far worse than Trump ever could be.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I wonder if the Confederate flag is still flying out in front of Six Flags Over Texas?
Will they take it down and change their brand to Five Flags?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The weird bit outside of government agencies (that couldn't be slower in taking an enemy flag down) is that there's a great wave of self regulation here. No one is banning the flag for sale outright (which they shouldn't), but corporations are intentionally stepping up and taking it out of their stores and product line without feeling forced to. And I applaud that greatly, as it's all corporations exercising their rights. Either because they actually feel the flag is an embarrassment or they don't want angry letters shaming them into doing the right thing.

Dunno what they'd replace the sixth flag with, but I can see them replacing it with Bugs Bunny's head or the DC logo.