When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And yet, despite EEE's success and popularity, Danny Antonucci has been having a hard time getting anybody to take a chance on any other projects of his, like that SNOTROCKET pilot he did years ago: that supposedly was going to be a Netflix series, but Netflix rejected it because they didn't like the dynamic of the characters (they felt the kid should've been the main focus and his dog the traditional animal sidekick, as opposed to the dog essentially being the kid's flustered guardian), and he wasn't willing to change that.

On the other hand, his old LUPO THE BUTCHER cartoon is supposedly getting a reboot.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
And yet, despite EEE's success and popularity, Danny Antonucci has been having a hard time getting anybody to take a chance on any other projects of his, like that SNOTROCKET pilot he did years ago: that supposedly was going to be a Netflix series, but Netflix rejected it because they didn't like the dynamic of the characters (they felt the kid should've been the main focus and his dog the traditional animal sidekick, as opposed to the dog essentially being the kid's flustered guardian), and he wasn't willing to change that.

On the other hand, his old LUPO THE BUTCHER cartoon is supposedly getting a reboot.
Seriously!?? Since where's the news that Lupo's getting an animated series adaption?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

I’d make the argument it could also be because he’s made his very questionable crass sense of humor more public so people might know what he’s capable of

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I’d make the argument it could also be because he’s made his very questionable crass sense of humor more public so people might know what he’s capable of
I think part of it is he's never really worked for the "system," like, say, Genndy Tartakovsky, Craig McCracken, Chris Savino, David Feiss, and others have; Danny's always kind of been independent, much like John R. Dilworth, who's never had another mainstream/commercial hit since Courage. The others have worked directly for the studios and networks like Nick, CN, Disney, and as such, they've kind of moved their way up to greener pastures - Feiss ended up at Sony Pictures Animation, and both Tartakovsky and McCracken have had a string of successfuls series under their belts; Danny and Dilly have always worked for their own little studios.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said, I think that has more to do with it than anything, because if you look at all of the other above-mentioned prolific animators and cartoonists who have had a lot more successful mainstream projects, what do they all have in common? They worked directly for the networks and studios. Danny and Dilly have tried in earnest, but have never quite been able to get any other projects of theirs greenlit . . . SNOTROCKET aside, Dilworth's had about three different development projects since Courage that have gone nowhere, including two different animatics for a potential Disney Channel pilot that, obviously, followed the same horror-comedy structure as Courage that Disney didn't care for.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Like I said, I think that has more to do with it than anything, because if you look at all of the other above-mentioned prolific animators and cartoonists who have had a lot more successful mainstream projects, what do they all have in common? They worked directly for the networks and studios. Danny and Dilly have tried in earnest, but have never quite been able to get any other projects of theirs greenlit . . . SNOTROCKET aside, Dilworth's had about three different development projects since Courage that have gone nowhere, including two different animatics for a potential Disney Channel pilot that, obviously, followed the same horror-comedy structure as Courage that Disney didn't care for.
The last words of that post you made makes it clear that companies like them, CN and Nick don't care for anyone at all. All they care about is money to a greedy degree. They don't care about such wonderful talented ideas people submit, they have a right to approve or disapprove of any submitted ideas. CN apparently has a policy to not accept unsolicited ideas. But the last part you talked about where Dilworth made animatics for a Courage-ripoff Disney Channel pilot, they apparently only care to accept shows that THEY think will do well with their audiences. Disney, CN and Nick just tend to be MOAR superior than any single person out there – including those who are working for them – who claim to make the shows better than how the networks see fit.