1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Misskermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Dear lord, IMDb has turned into like NPH-Db. I swear, Hollywood's like turning the guy into a god or something!

2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Why was VeggieTales included in Watchmojo's list of kid shows parents find annoying when people of all ages actually enjoy it? They didn't even give a good reason for why it was included.

3. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Their lists are always pretty skewed. As a musician, I took their "Top Ten Bass Players" list with more than a few grains of salt. A few justifiably deserved to be there, but there were some glaring omissions.

But you have to accept their word as truth, because nobody lies on the Internet, right?

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm just going to say this.

Archie comics can freaking suck it!!!!!

They're so busy with their &^%$ Reboot Archie comics and piece of garbage tie ins to Sharknado that they've effectively killed their best comic in the line. Mega Man. Oh sure, there's a "hiatus" and a "reboot" which will probably never friggin happen. But they pretty much just passed the buck on everything that the writers were building up to. Friggin comic never even got up to Mega Man 4. I am FRIGGIN DONE with this comic publisher, and clearly they aren't getting a cent of my money from now on.

Seriously. &^%$ it.

5. D'Snowth

Okay, I thought this was just a fanfiction trend (Drtooth will know what I'm talking about), but what is with this obsession with circumcision lately? I mean . . . seriously, what is with this obsession with circumcision? Is this some kind of a fetish or something? Why is circumcision such a topic of fascination with people now?

6. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Here's a tip for everyone on Facebook, forums, or any other social media site. If you want to say something sarcastic, DON'T. It doesn't work well at all, and doing it just makes you look like an uneducated fool. This happened to me today when one guy commented, "Playing *X&Y piece of music* is so easy a caveman could do it. It's über easy!" I asked, "Have you ever DONE it before? I think it's really hard and no one should jump right into it without having a full understanding of it." He backed off and essentially said, "Oh geez, I guess my sarcasm didn't translate." I wasn't going to waste energy typing a lengthy, bothered response, so I left it at that.

7. D'Snowth

Usually if you're going to make a sarcastic or faceteous remark on the internet, it helps to add some kind of smiley or emoticon at the end of your statemet, like a :p or a ;) or anything - that usually helps indicate it's not to be taken seriously.

8. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

He didn't put it in his first comment, but he added it for his reply. So I'm not sure what to think of that. Other than he seems to be a smug-a** troll.

9. fuzzygobo

There's a certain troll that used to prowl around here. A few Smiley's would have been a huge improvement, and not make him look like such an insufferable jerk. But his poor grammar still would have been his downfall.

With almost 4,000 posts and only 2 likes (that's very generous for him) you have to alienate a lot of people to get a ratio like that.

10. D'Snowth

So a new study has been released, and guess what? Milk is apparently bad for you again. Why? Because it apparently contributes to weight gain, skin problems, and it kinks your digestive system.

You know what really irritates me? How all these so-called "studies" keep contradicting themselves all the time, saying something is good for you in one study, then saying it's bad for you the next, then saying it's good for you again, then saying it's bad for you again. You usually hear it mostly for meat and dairy, but other food groups get flack too: fruit is either good for you or bad for you, grains are your enemy because they have carbs . . . why is it vegetables never get any flack? Surely there must be something wrong with veggies if there's something wrong with every other food group.

But, ehh, I'm still drinking milk. You guys know I can't drink carbonation - milk and juice is just about all I can drink.

mr3urious likes this.
  11. Drtooth

It's pretty clear that humans aren't meant to consume anything at this point.

But then of course, you'd die of malnutrition.

mr3urious and D'Snowth like this.
  12. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

What's left for us to eat, pure nutrients?

13. D'Snowth

"I'd rather starve first!"

14. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I hate my dad even more now.

He just took my iPod Touch away from me again when I just got it back not too long ago.

I really hate him now because he keeps taking my iPod Touch away from me.

I hate my dad.

15. Drtooth

They'll find something wrong with that too.

All I know is the smug ultravegan milk truthers just got some sort of pleasure (and we all know which one, though I can't say here) with the actual results. I swear, most of them had to be kids who were all ticked off that mommy and daddy wouldn't let them have Mountain Dew Code Red every night for dinner. And what percent are we talking about? That said, milk isn't exactly the most digestible thing there is, and everyone is a level of lactose intolerant.

Seriously. You can't drink soda because it's bad for you. Diet soda is worse for you somehow (unless you're very diabetic). Juice is just as bad as soda as far as sugar content goes, and few of it actually has vitamins and health benefits to it (apple especially, since it's just sugar). Now Milk. What are you supposed to drink. AND DON'T SAY WATER! Water is not refreshing unless it's blisteringly hot out. It's not something to drink for pleasure, it's something to drink for survival. And it takes the unpleasant taste of any container that holds it and that you drink out of. To quote Henry Winkler in The Waterboy "Water sucks. It really, really sucks."

Then again, we all should know the Popeye story. The fact that a weird, poorly written and or typo filled entry in something promoted spinach's health benefits that it didn't really have. And by all means, you can get the same nutrients (the very small amount it has) through certain pleasant tasting fruits. Now, I don't hate spinach, but it's something that when cooked wrong tastes terrible, as well as having a horrid texture. And kids were pretty much forced to eat it because of the inflated health benefits.

16. D'Snowth

It's worse for you because it uses artificial sweeteners, which people decide they can over indulge in, when in reality, it's like how Arnold told Harold eating twelve reduced fat Mr. Fudgy Bars is the same as eating six regulars.[/quote]
    I drink Juicy Juice; whether or not they don't add any additional sugar is something we don't know for sure.
    Exactly! I rarely drink water for the exact reasons you just mentioned: not refreshing, not satisfying, unless the heat is killing and there's nothing else to drink. Like when Ernest did a commercial telling Vern not to drink tap water: "Vern, that tap water's so bad, they gotta put a drain under it to get rid of it!"

17. Drtooth

Fruit supplies its own sugar. I remember a short lived fad in the very early 90's of fruit sweetened "diet" foods. It was essentially just fruit sugars, and that's the same as regular sugars. Apple juice is usually added to things to sweeten them, and often used as a filler in mixed juices for the same reason. Cuz it's actually cheaper than most other fruit juices, I guess. But out of all the juices, Apple seems to be the one that carries the least benefits.

Then again, even taking vitamins isn't good for you because alternatively you just pee them out anyway or taking too much or the wrong combination or something results in getting very sick.

So, essentially everything is bad for you especially the good stuff.

18. D'Snowth

And that's why fruit was considered bad for you at one point as well, because of their natural sugar content.

19. fuzzygobo

How about unsweetened iced tea? Flavored seltzers? I'm not a fan of plain water either, but there are reasonable alternatives.

20. D'Snowth

Not a fan of tea (which is ironic, because I come from sweet tea country); seltzers are carbonated, I can't drink carbonation.