When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hope to God you don't mean Black Betty from that disturbing Pufnstuf spoof on YT.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The song Black Betty by Ram Jam

No idea what it was about you post that made me think of the song

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit. I almost hate watching retroTV based channels for one thing.

The commercials are all for the Elderly. And they're extremely depressing. I keep hearing elderly people complain that they don't make programs for them and they don't market things to them and all this... there is a reason why. The commercials they have for old people speak out of both sides of their mouths, giving the the same message. "This is the best time of you're life and you have all this life to live yet. By the way, you're going to die soon, so think about life insurance that will cover your funeral costs." And the Funeral costs are usually brought up in completely unrealistic conversations in these things. Hey, some people under the age of 70 kinda like some old series too.

Seriously, I watch Get Smart and have it interrupted by these depressing commercials about elderly people talking happily about how great it is to be at the end of their lives. And also, that &^% Diabetus commercial with that old guy who has 2 facial expressions... condescending and "smiling" which is the same as condescending with his lips sucked into his mouth. That's not a smile. Gah, I wanna punch him in the face every time I see him. And that *(&&^ Consumer Cellular commercial with the Strawman young guy using technology. "HEH! All them whippersnappers what use the technologies are losers because they are using stuff that we would have gladly used if it was introduced in our time line, but it wasn't so we did other things that we desperately cling to and begrudge the younger generation for not being us."

And I used to complain about the "Awkward for the sake of being Awkward" commercials for 20 year olds that eat Burger King. At least they're not so freaking morbid and insulting.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Looks like Two and a Half Men may return for an 11th season.

Seriously, Charlie Sheen went crazy, and Angus Jones "found religion" and turned into an egotistical jerk. Just put the show out of its misery already! :rolleyes:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
CBS is going to let Two And A Half Men run into the ground before they cancel it. It'll have to be Jon Cryer sitting around by himself before it gets off the air.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looks like Two and a Half Men may return for an 11th season.

Seriously, Charlie Sheen went crazy, and Angus Jones "found religion" and turned into an egotistical jerk. Just put the show out of its misery already! :rolleyes:
The show hasn't gone downhill... it flatlined, turned into a zombie, and ate CBS's brain.

Not to mention the ratings suck.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There are too many things that annoy me with that.

First of all, like I always say, the PG rating is a joke. Madagascar 3 was a G film given a PG rating. I saw very little kids attending it, and there was nothing to shield their eyes from. Rango is definitely not a young kid's film and it has a PG rating, ditto Paranorman... Wreck it Ralph, I'd admit the mutant bugs from hero's duty were kinda unnerving. Heck, I'll even throw in Hotel Transylvania even though the entire premise is that monsters aren't half as scary and dangerous as humans.... Pirates was PG for having pretty rude humor. Still, it was a movie that deserved a PG rating. They blur the line between G and PG, and this stuff happens.

Secondly... WHAT?!?! Pirates was scary? I saw that same film, and it was a non-stop laugh fest. It didn't even have the muster of maturity to be creepy. Unless the kid was a Dodo bird, there's nothing to even bat an eye at. This child is one of the most mollycoddled kids in the country. I'd love to see her daughter's reaction to Watership Down or at least Judge Doom getting run over by a steamroller in Roger Rabbit. There's so much stuff from films when we were younger that actually was pretty unnerving and we managed to watch them on marathons and walk out okay. Scariest thing I ever saw in a movie was the Teddy Bear hallucination sequence in Akira, and I was 19 at the time. heck, I once saw a kid frightened of going to the movies itself, and stopped screaming and crying when MFS started.

And lastly... these *^%$ Mommy blogs. Parenting comes from deep inside you, and it's supposed to be an innate instinct. We don't need a bunch of mollycoddling, overprotective, "let's ruin everything because we somehow perfected everything this decade" parents telling everyone to do things to conform to their own child. Especially when every child is different. Don't pass judgement of a movie down because a 6 year old was frightened by something unspecific and rediculous.