When did Alaina Reed (Olivia) leave Sesame Street?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
You know, that would be nice if she could be introduced properly to te new characters. But the way things are going now-a-days, I'm not sure they care as much about continuity as much. Thae do in so many ways I have noticed, but this dose not seem like one of them.
Yeah, she probably should have made a special "comeback appearance" long ago, perhaps during season 25.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Maybe, but I mean if they reintroduced her, they might act like nobody ever knew her, and they might make some of the muppets around from back then act like that have never met her before. But they probably would have would have remembered her back then, though.

Buy the way, was Placido Flamigco on the show back when she was on, too?

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Olivia ever met Elmo. I never saw the 2 of them together when I watched the show as a child, but it seems as though Olivia's being phased out of the show coincided with Elmo's being phased in to the show. And MinorMuppetz, you are right. They should have brought on all the Muppet charachters that day to meet Snuffy for the first time It would have been an interesting show if they all happened to be there. I think a good set of Muppet charachters to be in that episode would be Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert, Ernie, Herry, Telly, Forgetful Jones, The Count, and the 2 Headed Monster. Cookie Monster could have asked Snuffy if he liked Cookies when he finally meets him, Ernie could ask him if he wants to play a fun game called "The Rhyming Game" and Bert could say to Snuffy. "Hey....... Don't Listen to him Mr. Snuffleupagus, it's all a trick, he'll wait till your'e really enjoying the game, then he'll quit, I know, I live with him!" Herry could say how strong he is, but would never be able to lift Snuffy. The interactions with Snuffy and the other Muppets would probably have to be short one liners like that, so the show could still focus on Big Bird's dilema.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
LincolnHeights said:
And MinorMuppetz, you are right. They should have brought on all the Muppet charachters that day to meet Snuffy for the first time It would have been an interesting show if they all happened to be there. I think a good set of Muppet charachters to be in that episode would be Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert, Ernie, Herry, Telly, Forgetful Jones, The Count, and the 2 Headed Monster. Cookie Monster could have asked Snuffy if he liked Cookies when he finally meets him, Ernie could ask him if he wants to play a fun game called "The Rhyming Game" and Bert could say to Snuffy. "Hey....... Don't Listen to him Mr. Snuffleupagus, it's all a trick, he'll wait till your'e really enjoying the game, then he'll quit, I know, I live with him!" Herry could say how strong he is, but would never be able to lift Snuffy. The interactions with Snuffy and the other Muppets would probably have to be short one liners like that, so the show could still focus on Big Bird's dilema.
Although Jim Hensona nd Frank Oz became too busy to perform in the street scenes by then, I often wonder if there was ever any consideration to try harder to work around their schedules for such historical episodes as the cast meeting Snuffy, Big Bird learning about Mr. Hooper's death, and the adoption of Miles. I know that Ernie and Bert appeared at Maria and Luis' wedding, though they didn't talk (I think Cookie Monster was also there). I keep thinking that when it was revealed that Snuffy was in fact real, it would have been better to have had Kermit the Frog reporting on the event, rather than Phil Donahue.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Maybe, but I mean if they reintroduced her, they might act like nobody ever knew her, and they might make some of the muppets around from back then act like that have never met her before. But they probably would have would have remembered her back then, though.
Yeah, just like when Bob's niece Samara was introduced, no one made any mention of Linda. You'd think at least Telly would have said something. They'd probably do the same thing if they brought back Olivia, or introduced another sister of Gordon's. Pretty much the same as it worked on "Boy Meets World." In the first season, Shawn mentioned having a sister named Stacy, then later Cory met his half-brother Eddie at the trailer park. Later on, it was indicated that Jack was his only sibling. Anyway, I'm a fan of that show, so I thought I'd bring that up.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
LincolnHeights said:
I'm not sure if Olivia ever met Elmo. I never saw the 2 of them together when I watched the show as a child, but it seems as though Olivia's being phased out of the show coincided with Elmo's being phased in to the show. And MinorMuppetz, you are right. They should have brought on all the Muppet charachters that day to meet Snuffy for the first time It would have been an interesting show if they all happened to be there. I think a good set of Muppet charachters to be in that episode would be Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert, Ernie, Herry, Telly, Forgetful Jones, The Count, and the 2 Headed Monster. Cookie Monster could have asked Snuffy if he liked Cookies when he finally meets him, Ernie could ask him if he wants to play a fun game called "The Rhyming Game" and Bert could say to Snuffy. "Hey....... Don't Listen to him Mr. Snuffleupagus, it's all a trick, he'll wait till your'e really enjoying the game, then he'll quit, I know, I live with him!" Herry could say how strong he is, but would never be able to lift Snuffy. The interactions with Snuffy and the other Muppets would probably have to be short one liners like that, so the show could still focus on Big Bird's dilema.
May I ask why between the posts 1-13 some of you are making such an issue of Alaina Reed Hall leaving? She wasn't phased out she volentarly left.

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
I don't think I'm making wer'e making it up mikebennidict. All we mean is that when she started on 227 in 1985, she probably still returned to film a few new episodes, but to keep her charachter popular, and not make her seem like an occasional guest, they reran a lot of past on the street material with her in it, that was inserted into episodes from 1985-1988. That's what I gather.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I did see her in this one episode fron 1986 a couple of months ago on youtube. So I'm sure ahe was there somtimes. But the way Sesame Street's filming scudule is, it could have allowed her to probably do both shows for a while. But maybe something changed by the time she left that didn't allow her to do both shows anymore? Just a thought.

Buy the was, I'm a big Boy Meet's World fan, too!:smile:

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I did see her in this one episode fron 1986 a couple of months ago on youtube. So I'm sure ahe was there somtimes. But the way Sesame Street's filming scudule is, it could have allowed her to probably do both shows for a while. But maybe something changed by the time she left that didn't allow her to do both shows anymore? Just a thought.

Buy the was, I'm a big Boy Meet's World fan, too!:smile:
Actually that episode your'e talking about, with the Pet Show was originally from 1984, but reran in 1986.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh, okay, that you for telling me that. You can't tell that from the copyright date on it. But now that you mention it, I do remember them showing older episodes that were older there that current year that they were showing. I wonder when that stopped? That might explain why I remember Peaty.