What's YOUR wishlist for the Muppet movies figures?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Technically, Jamie, although Manhattan is a big chunk of New York City, most people refer to New York City or New York, not Manhattan per se....and evidently those people aren't spellers.

Luke, I didn't realize we were jumping on you--it's just a general pet peeve. I'm glad I'm not on a British website where I'd have to know the difference between cookies and biscuits and crackers...that would drive me mad. And then my face would be coloured red.

BTW, "Lllandwellyiangogogoph" is my brother's second middle name--Evan Cameron Lllandwellyiangogogoph Rollins.

Quinnnnnn

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
It's just one of my pet peeves - I am a terrible speller myself, but Manhattan is one of the biggest cities and capitols of the world, not an obscure town.
Believe you meant capital there Jamie. See how the knife cuts both ways?

:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Actually Quinn is right. I know this is all in good fun and understand that, but here in the UK, we hardly ever refer to Manhattan - it's always just New York City. That doesn't give me an excuse though because to the left of my PC is my video shelf with 'Muppets Take Manhattan' in big bold letters.

I guess i won't be entering any Muppet spelling bee's !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
True - very few people actually use the name, Manhattan. I am surprised they used it for a Muppet film title in the first place, but it sounds more regal than The Muppets Take New York.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to add my 3 cents to the fray...
I fully support a figure version of Yolanda Rat, with maybe some sort of miniature kitchen utensils like a spatula.
If possible, I think it would be great to have a Featherstone figure with handheld mirror and Splurge with a radish attached to a rod dangling just out of his reach. Woe to the Fraggle who tries to take his radish away!
BTW: Grail, neither of your guesses as to the 3 cents were correct. There's 10 nothing-points still available to the first person who gets it right! Maybe if I gave you guys another clue, like turning your focus to Rome, then maybe you'd get it.

Thunder clashing and Lightning flashing, the Count.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
DictionaryBoy,

Hey no fair crossing the edit line! We all saw it! LOL!

Luke

Reaction score
i didn't see it - did the Frogboy spell it as 'Manhatten' ? ***** !

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
the guy who takes the 'U' letters out of most words to make it seem 'normal' to the Americans.
I thought I was the only one doing that! See how cordial we are for you people? :wink:

Quick Luke, let's get some of it out of our system while no one is looking....

Questions:

Will Palisades take a cheque for club memberships?

Are there any plans to release Gonzo in his burgundy coloured suit?

:wink:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jamie

That's a good way to remember it, Zach. New York Summers can be rather brutal - certainly sunny enough to get a tan.
LOL! someone using one of my spelling methods!

no one will forget how to spell it now!

you don't even want to know how i remember to spell my name!
of corse i can spell it two ways and i don't mind either/or "zack & zach"

"zackary" i don't like thought.....