What's your favorite Sesame 1-2-3's?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
18 song.

there was a cartoon about 18 from the 90s witch i can't remember how it goes but it was a take on the 1971 Alice Cooper 18 and i like it song. anyone recall this one?

ssetta

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
there was a cartoon about 18 from the 90s witch i can't remember how it goes but it was a take on the 1971 Alice Cooper 18 and i like it song. anyone recall this one?
Was it "#18 Sandwiches" song?

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
I haven't seen SS that recently to remember what my favorite counting segment was, but "Count it Higher" is quite a catchy song..I do have a vague memory of it.

~Dana~

mikebennidict

Reaction score
counting backwards animation.

each number backs away on a black screen as a lady annoucer counts the numbers. a bass guitar playing throughout the skit.

Soul H

Reaction score
In the song "Four" by Little Jerry, exactly what does Little Jerry and the Monotones say at the beginning? I know how the song goes, but I never heard the beginning. Any help would be good.

Ziffel

Reaction score
There were a lot of number segments where they counted the numbers in really neat sounding and catchy ways with cool music too. Some of the real popular ones are the "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.." from the falling baker sketches, the "1,2,3,4,5...6,7,8,9,10...,11,12" from the pinball ones, and "1,2,3,...4,5,6...7,8,9...10,11,12" from the ladybug picnic cartoon.
A couple of more obscure ones I recall had one that went up to eleven. It started out with cool music which I have no idea how to describe in words. Had three beats - (tuh... TUH TUH!) and repeated it four times. Then people unseen sang/counted up to eleven with one of those three beats between each number. When they got to eleven they shouted it happily and excitedly. Then they counted up to eleven fast - "1,2,3,4,5,6,7...8,9,10,11"
Then there was some more music and some animation that I don't remember. You could hear the people being happy and going "Woo!" (was a pretty festive sketch). Then they counted up to eleven again the slower way. Then some final festive music and it ends.
The other more obscure one I thought of goes up to five. Also an animated sketch with unseen people singing/counting. I forgot most of the animation that happens in this one. I imagine it was a lot of the numbers 1 through 5, especially 5. They would frequently say, "1,2,3,4,5" with a very slight pause between the 3 and 4. (Kind of like "one, two, threeeee, four , five." At one point they substituted "da,da,da,da,da" for the numbers for a little bit. Then near the end they went back to "1,2,3,4,5" a few times, with the final time going, "1,2,3.....(long pause with a music beat) 4,5!"
Oh so many great memories!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
recall all of those. sometimes they sounded so silly or at least they did when you thought about them later. there was also this one for the number 6 where 6 of various stuff appeared. i think this red 6 hanging on a blue wall appeared 1st and a drawing of one appeared and whatever ammount of 6 stuff appeared. at the end this red 6 i mentioned fall off the wall.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Anyone this animation, possibly computerized, about the number four?

We see 4 white or yellow squares against a black background. A man asks
"How many is this?"
A chorus of kids, probably boys all answered "four".

The above process repeated once. Then the male voiceover asked
"How many is this?"
We then saw 100 or so of those squares. The kids reply:
"Oh... haha... 'four'... too many... hahaha..."
The screen, in one swift and smooth swoop, whittled down to only 4 squares.

MAN: "NOW how many are there."
KIDS: "Four. Yayyyyyy!"
As the kids were "yay"ing, a numeral 4 faded in over the remaining 4 squares.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Jazzy 20 sketch

Does anyone remember a counting-to-20 sequence from 1969 that featured a bunch of adults, with a jazzy theme?

The setting had a line-up, a "chorus line" if you will of men and women teaching us to count to 20. Most if not all were African-American, and I distinctly remember that they pronounced "twenty" properly, as if it rhymed with "plenty"; most people make it to rhyme with "funny". There was jazz type music in the background throughout the whole sketch. Where appropriate, numbers appeared overhead onscreen.

At one point, a man said "Now we'll count by twos to twenty. If you can't, repeat after her." The then sang "2 4, 6 8, 10 12, 14 16, 18 20"

One of the longer sequences was when they counted in fours, i.e.,
"1 2 3 4" (did they add a rhyming line after each quad, something like
"just you wait we'll count some more"?)
"5 6 7 8"
"9 10 11 12"
"13 14 15 16"
"17 18 19 20"