What's your favorite Bert & Earnie Sketch?

squirrelboy

Reaction score
Hello out there, squirrelboy here.

First off, I am new to this forum.

We'll I was just wondering, do any of you have a favorite Bert & Ernie sketch that you remember seeing when you were younger?

I, myself have a couple:

1) The first one is the one where Ernie & Bert are fishing, and Ernie catches fish by "calling them". That one cracks me up (even to this day).

2) Another one that I remember is actually a song Ernie did, called "Imagine That". When I first saw this sketch, it brightned my day. Because of the lovely music they used for it.

3) Finally, the sketch were Ernie tries to explain to Bert how he accidently broke the cookie jar. The way this one was done is really funny, because of Bert's reaction to everything Ernie thought of.

Feel free to share your favorite moments - thanks!
squirrelboy

wes

Reaction score
All timw favorite (though i don't know if you call it a skecth) is "Dance myself to sleep" another favortie is when Erine is sculpting a likeness of bert and erine takes Berts nose to use for the sculpture, Ahhhh Puppet humor I love it!!

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
My favorites are "Bert's Blanket", where the sheep come and tell Bert the history of his blanket, and "Plants Can Grow High" where Farmer Ernie sings about how vegetables grow with the Muppet vegetables.

superboober

Reaction score
Probably my favorite is "nephew Brad takes a bath." Ernie takes the whole thing to a usual ridiculous extreme, and Bert's facial expression are classic. Second place would be the "H TV" segment with Ernie solving the crisis by taking the h-items out of the set, only to find this causes the "I Channel" to come up in its place.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Mine would have to be the Sandbox Game...I still crack up when Bert says I 8 the sandbox and Ernie says "how'd it taste?"
LOL, classic!!

dabauckham

Reaction score
Oh god, this is a tough one.

I agree about "Dance Myself to Sleep", that one's terrific, with classic Bert and Ernie interactions.

One of my favorite audio sketches (not sure if it was ever on TV - anyone know?) is "Ernie's Drums", where Bert goes out to run errands, comes back, knocks on the door, and Ernie, rather than open the door starts banging on his drum imitating Bert's knocking, then figures out it's Bert, opens the door, tells Bert to keep playing (that they'd make a great team) and then CLOSES the door again to a screaming Bert, shouts out "swing it Bert, bad-um-Bah-bah-Bah-Dum!!!" playing his drum all the while. This one has me in stitches every time! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

squirrelboy

Reaction score
I could never understand the "Dance myself to sleep" one, it doesn't make sense, why would Ernie have all those lambs take Bert and his bed out of the apartment?

I left out one other one I liked:

Bert and Bernece (a pigeon) are playing checkers, and Ernie comes into the room and asks Bert a ridiculous question about what he is doing which is playing checkers with a pigeon, Ernie thinks that's special to teach a pigeon to play checkers, and Bert replies: She's really not that smart Ernie, because in the 10 games we played, she has only beaten me twice.

I gotta admit, even I love some of the antics Ernie would pull on Bert.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
In response to your question about the sheep taking Bert out of the apartment, It was just to be funny.

Why is that so hard to understand?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know why but it always bothers me when the sheep take Bert out of the room, lol. Ernie was my favorite as a kid, but now I just feel sorry for Bert and want Ernie to stop being so irresponsible! lol

I love all of their sketches, but let me see...

I love when Ernie things starring at paper clips is boring, and Bert defends his obession in song:

"Anyone can look at a rainbow. Anyone can look at the sky. To see that those things are pretty, you don't really have to try."