What's the Deal with all These "What's the Deal with..." Threads?

peyjenk

Reaction score
I'm sure that Crapper was an okay name back in the day, but how would you like to be his descendants living in the twenty-first century?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, that's right! I only know that because me dad's a plumber.
Haha, very cool! :smile:

No one says Restrooms in Canada. Or, at least, no canadian I know. It's always either bathroom or washroom. I think I say washroom more often, but it's hard to say (I don't observe myself talking about bathrooms or whatever all the time, lol!), or if I'm in gentlemen's company I like to say Ladies' Room because it sounds less vulgar than "I have to use the toilet".

Hey brits, (Beau I'm looking at you), I don't know if you're aware but it IS almost vulgar to ask for the toilet in North America. When I was in London I found that kind of surprising.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
What an unfortunate name.

That reminds me of Robin Hood: Men in Tights, when Patrick Stewart as King Richard punishes his brother Richard Lewis as Prince John...

"From this day forth, every toilet in the kingdom shall be known as 'John'! Make him part of the tour."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's the Deal with Yellow Lights?

Everyone says that whenever the traffic light turns yellow, it means that you're supposed to start slowing down and preparing for the red light that'll switch over in three-to-six seconds.

Of course, whoever wrote that rule must have wrote it on "Official Backwards Day" (aka Opposite Day) because whenever the light turns yellow, NOBODY slows down - it's like it's suddenly the Grand Prix, and everyone's racing each other to beat it across the intersection to avoid being caught by the red light.

Lets be thankful that red light doesn't mean "make an illegal U-turn" and green light doesn't mean "flip off the guy behind you whose repeated honking his horn".

Teheheman

Reaction score
lol, didn't you know that the yellow light means hurry up, it's about to turn red? It's the exact opposite of a banana. Green means stop, Yellow means go ahead and Red means where did ya get that banana?

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And the banana means you better quit monkeying around with bunnies!

It's true: believe it or not, bunnies love bananas!

anytimepally

Reaction score
Daniel's right.. yellow means "speed up.. it's about to turn red!" .. 3 cars go through every time the light turns yellow

my mom used to slow down for the yellow light and then speed up again when it turned red.. she once even got pulled over for running two red lights in a row

Lets be thankful that red light doesn't mean "make an illegal U-turn" and green light doesn't mean "flip off the guy behind you whose repeated honking his horn".
that's not what green means? :embarrassed: .. I hate that guy who honks his horn as soon as the light turns green, especially since he's always about the fourth person in line and apparently thinks that there's no one in front of the guy in front of him :mad: