What Songs Make You Cry?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Yeah, that one got me too as a kid. And I’ve never even had a cat (my dad’s allergic).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
"Everybody Sleeps" was also a tearjerker to me. Not so much nowadays.

Also, unrelated to the US version, I do remember on "Canadian Sesame Street" a recurring film segment involving kids dancing around in a circle to piano music, then a fiddler appears interrupting the piano tune playing a fiddle tune, eventually evolving into some kind of dance by adults to a different fiddle number, and the dance took place on a beach, and the setting plus music used implies the film footage was set in Atlantic Canada (Nova Scotia or Newfoundland, most likely). That fiddle music really causes me to feel like crying, and this is why I have no desire to view the segment if it ever was to exist on YouTube. But either way, I am glad "Canadian Sesame Street"/"Sesame Park" got cancelled. I vividly recall seeing this particular film segment on the Canadian broadcast of Episode 1225.

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
There are a few songs from Sesame Street that make me feel emotional. Most of them aren't because the lyrics are genuinely sad or anything, but more just because they are so wholesome and beautiful that I can't help but cry.

We Are All Earthlings

I Don't Want to Live on the Moon

Two Little Dolls

The bird family song about divorce

That's How We Got Here (I'm not sure why, but I cried the first time I heard it.)

Green Grow the Rushes, O

I've spent most of this year re-watching The Muppet Show on Disney+ and I've noticed a few songs that made me quite emotional on there too.

Halfway Down the Stairs

The Leather Wing Bat

Honest Lullaby

Turn the World Around (I watched the episode not long after Harry Belafonte died, so that's probably why.)

Time in a Bottle