What sketches scared you as a kid?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't say I was scared of this, but it bugged me when I was little until I was about 4. I didn't like the end of the Sing Along video when the TV antenna made that "TWANG" noise and fell over.
Can I point out something else about that scene? If you listen around :15 you can actually hear Richard Hunt asking someone, "Are you busy after the show?" LOL

12Medbe

Reaction score
There was some kind of sketch that scared me, I only remember that it was a Number Counting sketch, that featured some kind of Chanting or Bizzare music, and Maria's voice. I don't remember alot about it, just that it gave me nightmares.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I know anything involving The Count scared me and I was terrified of the bits Prairie Dawn did with Cookie Monster b/c I was scared he would eat her and eventually, he'd eat me! (My older cousin telling me they put ground up little girls into the cookies he ate didn't help either)

But, now I know Cookie wouldn't hurt a fly and he eats regular cookies (without ground up little girls in them) but, I can/do understand why I was so scared of that as a kid!

10Cakes

Reaction score
Can I point out something else about that scene? If you listen around :15 you can actually hear Richard Hunt asking someone, "Are you busy after the show?" LOL
I think I can just make that out. That is pretty funny. Maybe Richard and whoever he was talking to wanted to fix the antenna themselves so it wouldn't fall again, since Biff and Sully failed miserably at that. LOL

10Cakes

Reaction score
Of course, I'm not dissing Biff or Sully in any way. They ROCK!!! Why aren't they on the show anymore?

Katzi428

Reaction score
Film Den's Dena Natali reviews her top 10 scariest SST moments. Now, if she'll just get back to her LP of Silent Hill 2... grrr ...
Well...I'm with Dena as far her being scared of Ernie looking lke a zombie after The Count slept over. (Ernie was scary looking!:eek: ) Did anyone notice that in that "bird" clip it said "bird" in a male voice but laid an egg?? Uh,last time I checked only female birds lay eggs.

WaiterGrover

Reaction score
Much thanks to RedPiggy for sharing the link, and to Dena for the list- imdb discussion and a nightmare fuel page on tvtropes, too? I guess I'm not so surprised (or unique) after all. I'd completely forgotten about the Count's "Bones" song.. but do remember nightmares about skeletons coming through the walls for me, all making the "wind-up chattering teeth" sound..

Yes, Zombie Ernie freaked me out as a kid. I was gratified to see BDM on the list, too.. and I am DEFINITELY with Dena for the train sketch! That was firmly in the "terrifying", as opposed to "creepy/disturbing" category for me- it just seemed to take forever, with a really long build-up, to what seemed to my young ears to be a deafening shrieking and howling... little kids in the city learn early to be wary of traffic, trains, etc. Gah.

Anyhoo, Kathy- I had always heard the male voice in the "bird" clip as an off-screen narrator, but I could see how hearing it as the bird's voice lends an extra layer of weirdness to it. What I'd never noticed before was at the beginning, the bird's eyes are shown to be flat holes- you can see the backround through them briefly!

But I will just Whistle A Happy Tune :smile:..

Katzi428

Reaction score
Very interesting!
Dena had said in her clip that there were a lot of pages on the Sesame Street board at www.imdb.com about what sketches scared you as a kid.(There were over 40) I wasn't the ONLY one scared of James Earl Jones. So that made me feel a heck of a lot better! A lot of people talked about being scared of a red hot I beam & the music that went with it.