What sketches scared you as a kid?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm actually kinda surprised that Frazzle didn't scare me when I was little,I guess it was because I thought that he was silly.:wink:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
5.The song skit these woman puppets are sing "There nothing we women can`t do". The part towards the end of the song a women singing starts lifting off like a rocket puzzled me. "Was she a robot''?
The feminist sketch of there's nothing we women can't do ends with the suggestion that women can even go to the moon. Interesting note just before the woman takes off for the moon a gruff male voice can be heard saying "You tell 'em Alice!" this is obviously an ironic homage to the character Ralph Kramden who would today be viewed as somewhat of a male chauvinist :mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I admit, I remember being scared of Frazzle as a kid. But looking back, I feel sort of guilty. I mean the whole point of his song was that everytime he growled, he was just saying he's happy (or sad, or hungry etc). That he "looks verocious but he's really fine" and there was no reason to be afraid.

Unfortunately the message did not translate to all kids, heh. I sort of see him now as the Nightcrawler of the group. :wink:

That also explains how when they tried to bring him back in the 90's they made him a big Baby.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno about you, but the Spider in this one creeped the crap out of me when I was younger.... especially when it started running.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
He did creep me out a bit, not sure why, he looks cute now, lol.

Larxene

Reaction score
I guess I just stink because nothing on SS ever really scared me (an episode of Spidey on the Electric Company about measles did though but I was a frail child and viruses terrified me. It meant more hospital visits :frown: ).

As an adult though, the Jazz segments creep me out a bit because now I realize just how strange and pyschodelic they were. How did I ever look on this stuff as normal?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I guess I just stink because nothing on SS ever really scared me
Lol, no you're just lucky!

As an adult though, the Jazz segments creep me out a bit because now I realize just how strange and pyschodelic they were. How did I ever look on this stuff as normal?
I was watching my copy of SS Old School in the middle of the night once. The sound of the voice-over in Jazzy Spies saying "2...2....2222...2!" is definitely extra creepy at night! Lol

Crazy31088

Reaction score
I never had a problem with the Jazz segments, but what you said about it creeping you out at night reminded me of something-I recently watched the "Pretty Great Performances" sketch with Placido Flamingo and the All-Animal Orchestra at around 1 in the morning...as I said, I was terrified of him as a child, and I'm still somewhat creeped out by this segment (for some reason, this segment and none of his others), so not only did I have trouble falling asleep that night, but I had nightmares about him when I finally fell asleep.

Yeah, I'm pathetic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never had a problem with them as a kid, and now the whole thought of the 2 twin George Washington busts just cracks me up (I made a reference to them all the way back in college for an animation I did). But I had a problem with it watching it for the first time in years back in 2003.... I had trouble sleeping that night.

It is pretty creepy, and I wonder why I didn't get bugged by the Hebrew version of that, while Pinball number count traumatized me for years. Maybe I was too young and it didn't bother me as much.

Mr Devco

Reaction score
Scary Sesame Street Moments

Moments on Sesame Street that scare me

1. Freeky Toys and Robots
2. Healthy Food Rap
3. LSD Alphabet
4. Alphabet Jungle
5. Earnie And Burt at the Pyramid
6. the stone dogs from bigbird in china
8. Any of the cartoons by Laughing Sal (see her youtube page)
9. The guy talking about how he loves his bones
8. the fire episode

list yours too and I will add when i think of stuff