What sketches scared you as a kid?

superboober

Reaction score
Absolutely! I used to cover my face or run out of the room if that thing came on! It was a combination of things, how weird that guy looked and how that girl wasn't helping him at all. Then when the elephant deflated and flew into the door along with the guy, I thought the guy had gotten deflated too, so that really creeped me out! And the girl just seemed to stand there smiling!

And what was the point of it all??!! What were we supposed to learn from this? Don't trust creepy little eyeless girls who won't help you push your elephant through the door?

Exactly. I think the point may have been asking nicely for assistance might get you it, but it is admittedly rather muddled with that one. Not to mention their voices are uneasy to listen to anyway, and thus the discomfort level is ratcheted up higher. This may have been one of those sketches where they actually were pilled when they wrote it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I thought of another.

Toys coming to live - Does anybody remember that film where a boys Dad tucks him into bed and the minute the Dad shuts the door and the boy falls asleep all these toys start coming alive and the boy looks really freaked out?That one usedd to FRIGHTEN me when I was little and I haven't seen that in a long time.Does anybody remember that one?

Nyperold

Reaction score
Exactly. I think the point may have been asking nicely for assistance might get you it, but it is admittedly rather muddled with that one.
Well, the way I remember it, it sounds more like, "When you ask for help, don't limit how you may be helped to just 'more of what you're already doing'."

I thought of another.

Toys coming to live - Does anybody remember that film where a boys Dad tucks him into bed and the minute the Dad shuts the door and the boy falls asleep all these toys start coming alive and the boy looks really freaked out?That one usedd to FRIGHTEN me when I was little and I haven't seen that in a long time.Does anybody remember that one?
Ooh, vaguely. And I can see that scaring someone, definitely.

Also, I can imagine the one where this kid's dog, Sparky, is using shadow distortion to pretend to be an alligator as being scary. (Now, am I misremembering it, or did they add a "ding" to the kid's wink? I may be confusing it with the simply-drawn little girl whose sand castle gets knocked over by waves, so she rebuilds farther inland. I know that one had an added "ding".)

ISNorden

Reaction score
"I'm afraid of getting thinner/Won't you please become my dinner?" Yeesh...it seems as if whoever wrote Sparky's song for that cartoon intended to scare kids' pajama-pants off.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Well, I don't remember the first, but I do remember the other two. They didn't scare me, but...

The really odd thing about Capt. B is that he's so into the importance of breakfast that he doesn't realize when it's about noon. By then, I would guess that he should either be working on breakfast-promotion methods, or heading west so he's promoting it in the right time zone. Or working at an IHOP. Or maybe even taking the rest of the day off. Here, Captain Breakfast. Have a watch.

That's almost as bad as Captain Vegetable's obsession with forcing crunchy vegetables on kids like Eddie, whose favorite food (spaghetti) is already healthy...and usually contains vegetables already (tomato sauce may not crunch, but it's still healthy and made from a vegetable). Excuse me, Captain Vegetable; here's a dictionary. Go look up "perspective."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, as much as I like spaghetti and as healthy as it can be, you shouldn't eat it "whenever you can." It's starchy and very filling, it's how you gain weight. So perhaps as a compromise, Captain V should have recommended some vegetable lasagna, every once and awhile. :halo:

squirrelboy

Reaction score
Here's one I am sure "all" of you have seen once or twice that's scary.

1) It starts off in what looks like a hang-out (for gangsters), and there's these two muppets sitting at a table when Lefty (I believe) came up to the door, and the knock he was supposed to use was three knocks. Once he finally got it, the other muppets let him in, and they wen't out the door (reason - I don't know), and now Lefty was supposed to open/unlock the door after three knocks, but instead - he leaves and saying: "I didn't wan't to play this game in the first place!" and takes off, leaving the others outside of the door. What a scary skit - for early Sesame Street, I will tell you.

On a side note: For some odd reason, when the sketch involving a piece of metal (or whatever it was) being made into a letter "I" didn't scare me - in fact, I thought that was really clever how you can make stuff like letters with rock/metal/whatever. I can understand that the odd music they used for that segment can make it frightning, but I wasn't scared of it! Just thought I should share my thoughts.

squirrelboy

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Here's one I am sure "all" of you have seen once or twice that's scary.

1) It starts off in what looks like a hang-out (for gangsters), and there's these two muppets sitting at a table when Lefty (I believe) came up to the door, and the knock he was supposed to use was three knocks. Once he finally got it, the other muppets let him in, and they wen't out the door (reason - I don't know), and now Lefty was supposed to open/unlock the door after three knocks, but instead - he leaves and saying: "I didn't wan't to play this game in the first place!" and takes off, leaving the others outside of the door. What a scary skit - for early Sesame Street, I will tell you.

squirrelboy
I saw that on Youtube.That that is scarey.As a matter of fact,I think I saw that when I was little too,though I don't remember being freaked out by it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah the music at the beginning and then at the end when they're banging on the door trying to get back in. Disconcerting for some reason! Lol

Nyperold

Reaction score
That's almost as bad as Captain Vegetable's obsession with forcing crunchy vegetables on kids like Eddie, whose favorite food (spaghetti) is already healthy...and usually contains vegetables already (tomato sauce may not crunch, but it's still healthy and made from a vegetable). Excuse me, Captain Vegetable; here's a dictionary. Go look up "perspective."
Yeah. Y'know, vegetables are a sometimes food. (Unless you're a vegan, in which case, disregard. :wink: )