What sketches scared you as a kid?

ISNorden

Reaction score
Hi, all. I'm new to the forums and I would like to rack everyone's brains for a moment to ask:

Does anyone remember a sketch featuring Bob (and possibly Big Bird?) in which Bob is playing the flute (or a similar wind instrument) and he is wearing some sort of bird-like costume or hat/mask?

This clip used to absolutely terrify me as a child, for some reason. Something about the big, googly bird eyes on his hat/mask was deeply unsettling to me and I've been searching for a clip of it all over youtube for days! I wish I could remember more about it, but I haven't seen it since I was about 4 (I'm nearly 24 now).

Thanks in advance.
The Muppet in that clip was Oscar; Bob had disguised himself as a grouch (calling himself "Bob the Blob") to ruin Oscar's TV show by playing beautiful music. Of course, the all-grouch audience hated the act...:grouchy:

AAO

Reaction score
The scariest thing for me as a child was, and I'm sure many would agree, was when Ernie and Bert were in Egypt in the pyramids. When the "tomb king Ernie" (whatever) came to life it scared the heck outta me. I hated it because his voice was so echoed and faint and he looked like a dead Ernie! Was very scary and humorous at the same time! I really do enjoy that one now but it still gives me a weird feeling. A great sketch but creepy! It's on youtube...

wiley207

Reaction score
The scariest thing for me as a child was, and I'm sure many would agree, was when Ernie and Bert were in Egypt in the pyramids. When the "tomb king Ernie" (whatever) came to life it scared the heck outta me. I hated it because his voice was so echoed and faint and he looked like a dead Ernie! Was very scary and humorous at the same time! I really do enjoy that one now but it still gives me a weird feeling. A great sketch but creepy! It's on youtube...
Like I said, I must be the only person I know that wasn't afraid of this skit as a kid :rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Like I said, I must be the only person I know that wasn't afraid of this skit as a kid :rolleyes:
I don't remember seeing that sketch as a kid, but I saw it recently and I don't think I would have been scared either (and not just because I'm a grown up now), if that helps, hehe. :insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Me, I loved it. I really did.

And for the record, yes... it was supposed to be creepy. That was the point of the skit, to not be afraid.

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
hello i'm new here ^_^* and i just HAD to respond.

I TOTALLY WAS AFRAID of bert and ernie at the pyramids! compounded with watching indiana jones at a young age, it made very afraid to be an archaeologist. i always thought that ruins were boobytrapped. ALSO, i never would go to the egypt room in museums alone.

does anyone remember this, one FRREAAAKY claymation that takes place at dusk on a farm. and it's super hot and there's a drought, but then it rains and everyone's dancing and happy? the people's faces were so grotesque and creepy. to this day, i still cringe thinking about it.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
hello i'm new here ^_^* and i just HAD to respond.

I TOTALLY WAS AFRAID of bert and ernie at the pyramids! compounded with watching indiana jones at a young age, it made very afraid to be an archaeologist. i always thought that ruins were boobytrapped. ALSO, i never would go to the egypt room in museums alone.

does anyone remember this, one FRREAAAKY claymation that takes place at dusk on a farm. and it's super hot and there's a drought, but then it rains and everyone's dancing and happy? the people's faces were so grotesque and creepy. to this day, i still cringe thinking about it.
I DO remember that skit...that was creepy! I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That one still gives me the creeps but I've always loved it anyway. Love Bert's reaction in the end! Too funny!