• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50 Years and Still Sunny!
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the all-new Sesame Street documentary "50 Years and Still Sunny!" hosted by Gloria Estefan.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn, Apple, Amazon and Google. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

What sketches scared you as a kid?

10Cakes

Reaction score
How about this one? The lion's roar and the cat's noises scared me as a kid. Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMx7Skqhv8
What the ****? That's from Sesame Street? That one would be scary, although I don't recall ever seeing that before. Honestly, I wasn't all that easily scared as a child, but that one's pretty insane, if you ask me. How about this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Rhm7kp-tk
I've always been interested in science, technology, and engineering, so I was quite fascinated with this film. However, some of the dolls look kind of creepy. I could DEFINITELY understand why someone would be afraid of it, as well as the Jungle Abstracts animation.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just saw that King Minus sketch for the first time. And I agree, I found it rather upsetting when the King made the dragons (and then the fair maiden!) disapear! ::shivers:: lol

Grovette

Reaction score
No particular sketches...

but Sweetums scared the bejeepers outta me! :eek:

Anytime I saw him on TV, I'd have nightmares for a week.
:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
No particular sketches...

but Sweetums scared the bejeepers outta me! :eek:

Anytime I saw him on TV, I'd have nightmares for a week.
:stick_out_tongue:
But then again, Sweetums was on the Muppet show, as well as a couple other early projects, and thus was never on Sesame Street.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh boy, someone posted the Triangle Home sketch! Don't ask me why but I used to be TERRIFIED of this one! I used to dread this coming on.

I guess the triangle house looked kinda creepy and the sky in the background was a bit dark. Plus the song itself is rather sad and melancholy, so I guess I connected the house with negative feelings.

Plus those triangle cows ::shivers:: they STILL bother me, lol! I guess I was expecting cows but then seeing something that looked "just a might strange."

It doesn't bother me so much now though and I'm glad I got the chance for closure, hehe.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ll7bFfQawS4

ISNorden

Reaction score
Check out my comment on that clip, heralde... :smile:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Just saw that King Minus sketch for the first time. And I agree, I found it rather upsetting when the King made the dragons (and then the fair maiden!) disapear! ::shivers:: lol
That cartoon still inspires mixed emotions in me: On one hand, seeing the king beat those dragons so easily is cool--especially when the last one tries to run for his life. *LOL* On the other, I can't blame King Minus for "subtracting" himself after he accidentally makes the princess disappear; if only he'd remembered to put his other glove on first! :cry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Plus those triangle cows ::shivers:: they STILL bother me, lol! I guess I was expecting cows but then seeing something that looked "just a might strange."
NARF! Triangle cows? Do you suppose they have a square cow ranch, where they make Wendy's burger patties, Brain?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
NARF! Triangle cows? Do you suppose they have a square cow ranch, where they make Wendy's burger patties, Brain?
::shivers:: Come, Pinky, we must prepare for tomorrow night...

And great comment, ISNORDEN!

Wow, another flashback. I remember there used to be a building near my house that looked very similar to the Triangle house. I dreaded going by it every time! Lol