What sketches scared you as a kid?

BeckyDR

Reaction score
Re: the number one sesame sketch that scared me

Originally posted by little jerry
Okay here it goes: when i was growing up with sesame street there was a sketch that scared me alot i'm not jsut talking a little but a lot. like okay thee is this blue screan or another colored screan and all of a sudden this creepy voice starts couting the dots thats rigt singing and couting the dots. As the guy is couting the dots they becme brighter and brghter. nw of couse we get up to the second to last dot 39 as the guy anoouces the 39 dot he keeps saying 39 over and over while the screan goes blury in and out. This is where you want to get your remote controll and mute! finally he says 39 almsot shouting 39 and then what do e hear next but a loud and i mean loud shout of 40 and all the dots crash and nock theselves as if they were dominos. This i vote as me least favorite thank you
Hey "little jerry", I know we all have our own opinions, so I will not badger you with questions about why that scene scared you so much, but...I LOVED IT! Ha ha ha :smile: it was one of my all-time favorite sketches and I am really disappointed that it is never on anymore. In fact, sometimes I would get that song in my head while on the bus to school (this was when I was in, like, 1st grade) and when I got to the end I would yell 40 so loud that the bus driver would almost have a heart attack hee hee hee :smile:

Also, to all those who were scared by the lowercase N skit, I was also scared by N skits but for a different reason, which I don't want to publish here, but if you (those who were scared by N skits) email me I will tell you everything. I'm waiting! :smile:)))))))))))

Becky

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
A lot of the animated segments freaked me out as a kid, especially the pinball one and the one with the little boy who got lost ("try to remember the things you passed, and when you come back, make the first thing last"). I'm not sure exactly what it was, but that animation just gave me the willies!
Erin

Splurge

Reaction score
This is more recent, but the Simon Soundman skit with a wild elephant stomping through the china store is one that, although I like it, I still find scary on a certain level. But then, I'm sure that was the idea. Jim Henson would have been mighty proud of that skit.

I like the skit even more now that I've heard that Dave Goelz was the Tall Orange AM storeowner.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Hi. I'm new here and I'm responding to what Splurge said about being afraid of Animal. I was always scared of him too. In fact I was even scared to watch "The Muppet Show" as a kid, because he scared the heck out of me. In fact, I recently ordered the Time Life videos, to see what all I missed.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
A lot of the animated segments freaked me out as a kid, especially the pinball one and the one with the little boy who got lost ("try to remember the things you passed, and when you come back, make the first thing last"). I'm not sure exactly what it was, but that animation just gave me the willies!
Erin
OH MY GOSH!!!! I Had forgotten about that. I've forgetten so many things from S.S., especially the stuff that scared the pee wads out of me, and that was one of them. I'm still trying to remember all of it, but the animation style was most certainly a factor, and wasn't there a scary guy in it or something?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
The guy in it didn't really bother me, but it was all those weird-looking landmarks that seemed to have a nightmarish quality about them...
Erin