What sketch / Video / bit / song excited you the most?

Mad Lil' Jerry

Reaction score
OK, I've read the "what scared you the most" thread and thought of this one. Was there one particular song or video or sketch that absolutely drove you through the roof? Something that got you so excited it took you a couple of hours to settle down?

I have to say that I loved the Little Jerry and the Monotones (video) for Mad! It drove me wild. I loved to sing it - and shortly after seeing it on TV I'd be bouncing off the walls running around the house.

I even remember having several babysitters that brought the record version over one time and they would sing the "We're mad! Very angry, very, very angry" parts while I did the Little Jerry part. And at the "I wanna let out a scream" we all screamed as loud as we could.

Of course now-a-days I don't have babysitters anymore... but thanks to youtube I'm able to watch these clips again and relive some great memories.... Now I just like to hear others tell their stories about how Sesame Street impacted them.

Peace!

ssetta

Reaction score
I have to say that for me, I think it would be the song "Rebel L." I think the music totally rocks, and I actually remember hearing about the clip a long time ago but I never actually saw it, but then I finally got to see it after ALL THESE YEARS thanks to tape trading!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that I was excited the first time I saw "Best Friends Blues", since Ernie didn't normally appear on the street or with Mr. Snuffleupagus.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
For me it was "Born to Add". I am a lifelong Springsteen fan, so I got really jazzed up when I heard and saw this bit on Sesame Street. I remember going outside after seeing it a few times and dancing around the backyard singing it. I even recorded it on an audio cassette right off of the TV so I could listen to it whenever I wanted. The song STILL gives me goosebumps and makes me want to sing and dance around!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember as a little kid, I always got hyped up whenever I saw "Do De Rubber Duck" or "8 Balls of Fur" were on.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back when I was in the fourth grade at one point I bought/obtained a few Sesame Street albums. All of these included songs that I hadn't heard before, and after that I'd usually get excited when I finally saw the televised versions (though at the time I didn't realise that some were album-only).

TelephoneRock

Reaction score
"Telephone Rock" was always my childhood favorite. Even today, I'm still psyched to see it on YouTube. I know all the lyrics, and I have it on my Mp3, so I sing it to myself and bob up and down like Little Jerry and the Monotones do in the video. I first saw it on my Rock 'n Roll video tape when I was about 4 or 5 years old, and it's been love at first sight ever since. Great memories. ^__^

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Here is mine.

The ones that got me excited are:
*The Letter N (Nick Normal and the Nickmatics)
*Miami Mice (The Theme song)
*Jump Rope contest (The BGM when they enter the gym)
*Alaska Sleigh Dog racing film (When they started the race)
*Songs by How Now Brown Cow and the Moo Wave
*And I think that's it.:cool:

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I almost forgot

The ones that got me excited are:

*The Letter N (Nick Normal and the Nickmatics)
*Miami Mice (The Theme song)
*Jump Rope contest (The BGM when they enter the gym)
*Alaska Sleigh Dog racing film (When they started the race)
*Songs by How Now Brown Cow and the Moo Wave

*And I think that's it.:cool:
And even Sally Cruikshank's Beginning Middle and End cartoon.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Same here with the Sally cartoon. Actually, all of Sally's cartoons make me that way.
Ken Brown and Lisa Crafts' cartoons "AT" and "The Letter F, Faces", as well as the infamous "Cracks", Etienne Delessert's bizarre face morph cartoons, and Karen Aqua's "Pass Along Alphabet".