Votes: 30 32.3%
  • A figure in between the two sizes

Votes: 39 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrSweetums

Reaction score
Rizzo (Yoda sized)

Pertaining to the poll for the scale of Rizzo (and I'm guessing this will apply to all smaller characters), I wonder why they don't make him to scale, but still give him at least some articulation. One members view of the scale really hit home, and that's that he could be made to be Yoda sized (approximately to Kermit's knee), and still be articulated. There could be a swivel joint in the neck, a swivel joint at each hip, and ball-and-socket joints at the shoulder (I've seen them quite small). This way, all should be happy. And if not, then possibly a second, larger rizzo could be realeased (If exclusives are picked up again). On another note, for those in Palisades (Residentlilly), could we possibly see a Sweetums (fingers crossed), as well as a pepe (even though he wasn't in the show). Just my two cents.

Thanks to all for reading.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board! Geez, lots of new memebers!

Anyway, I have to disagree with the knee-size to Kermit size for Rizzo. Do you have one of these figures? That measures to be about one inch! Look at that on a ruler and you'll see why that size just won't allow much articulation - or that would be up to snuff. That size would present many breakage issues.

Rizzo is "cheated out" in nearly every scene he's in to be up to Kemit's shoulder! I think a cheated out size is in order here. Nothing mamoth, but more realistic.

BTW - Ken has expressed much interest in Pepe and Sweetums. Sweetums would likely come with the theater playset next year.

beaker

Reaction score
for more on rizzo's scale to everyone, i point out the mfs coloring book cover, and back of the merchandise package at clarie's.
both shows th emuppets together and shows just *how* small rizzo is(like the mfs picture where they are all sitting on the roof)

now then, sadly about gonzo/camilla, rizzo, koozebane, etc.
Who knows when we'll see this, as series 3 has been pushed til early 2003, making the line pushed back too.

So it will be quittttte a while before we even see early resin prototype pix.

But hey, after waiting two decades, im glad finally a company stepped up to the plate for new muppet figures!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
...A company that steps up to the plate to do new Muppet figures AND do the characters PROPER JUSTICE!!! This figs look great!!

FOZ

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
heres a thought about Rizzo, will his hat be removable? maybe i should "ask Ken";-)

Zack)Rowlf the, will the Tux Rowlf come with a top hat?Dog.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Rowlf--

Should only come with a hat if he can pull a rabbit out that he can chase! :smile:

WOOF WOOF WOCKA!
FOZ

grail

Reaction score
While I agree that Rizzo should be in scale with the rest of the figs, let us not forget that Toybiz went a good many years with a Wolverine that was just as tall as Cyclops. While the purists would complain, the consuming public as a whole never even noticed.

Having said that, my personal preferance is to have 2 or 3 smaller Muppets with limited articulation packed out as one figure. It could even go a bit more expensive to offset the price of making 2 to 3 figures, small or no. Maybe as part of a deluxe line with some of the bigger Muppets that would be by themselves.

Just a thought...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
make Rizzo bigger

Now that I have Honeydew and can hold the robot rabbit, the thought of Rizzo being the size of the robot rabbit with out the head is too small in my mind, too small to sell as a single fig, to me that would be a packin fig.

i say have him as big as the robot rabbit with the head but with out the ears instead of with out the head along with the ears, that would be better. i'm sure his hat will be removable.

How about haveing a Rizzo & Robin pack?
the two of them would be more worth the money then a small Rizzo fig, they could even be the size of the robot with out the head

i'm mean we are still not sure of a lot of things and things can always change down the road so robin might not come with the stage and sweetums, not that he is not, but just a thought.

Rizzo and Robin aren't really buddy buddy, but the "Rizzo & Robin" name together sounds cool;-)

Zack)Rowlf the,wonders what stuff could come with Robin?Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
now we're back to what Ken suggested in the first place

Ken suggested Rizzo coming up to the bottom of Kermit's collar and I still think this is the best suggestion.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
yes, but i haven't seen the robot rabbit in person untill last week to see the size of it, buti have never wanted a very small rizzo in the first place. up to kermits collar would be good, remember folks kermit is taller when you hold him up because he leans over, so the size is not too big for rizzo.

Zack)Rowlf the, try putting the rizzo chess peice next to kermit and piggy, if you want actual size,Dog.